siman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Who was the Watanabe Dealer here

Postby siman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:37 pm

I need info 2

silly_goosse

Postby silly_goosse » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 pm

New to the forum but not the Rolla world! Can I possibly get the contact info thru a PM or post it on the thread

-Garrizo
Aint nobody got time for that!

siman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby siman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:09 am

Can anyone pm me his info please

Token Blk Guy
Club4AG Regular

Postby Token Blk Guy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:16 am

Have u guys gotten his contact info? If not let me know.

BrianOrtizJ

Postby BrianOrtizJ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm

you guys in North calI can contact jvm_architect@yahoo.com. His name is johaness, he is another dealer and works with Kiyo in San Pedro. Im ordering from Kiyo since he lives 20 minutes from me.

ronny
Club4AG Expert

Postby ronny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 pm

kiyo is legit.

this stuff just takes a while, and if there are issues and delays in japan - theres really nothign you can do but wait.

one time my TE37s took 9 months. my SSR MKII took about 5..
Rays - Project Mu - TE37 club
BLUE MOON / CUSCO
AE86fightclub.com
PM me for Contact

BrianOrtizJ

Postby BrianOrtizJ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Group buy anyone? ordering from Kiyo.

AE86reaper
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86reaper » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm

BrianOrtizJ wrote:Group buy anyone? ordering from Kiyo.

any benefits for doing a group buy? just wondering?
Daily: 06 Mitsu Galant
Fav. Car: 85 Toyo Corolla Hatch (under construction)
Other Car: 69 Chevy Nova (4 sale)

siman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby siman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Bulk orders are easier to process since all are ordered at the same time. Comes down to easier logistics so the manufacturer normally passes down the savings tothe consumers.

siman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby siman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Id be down if heis willing to do a bulk order ill be getting 2 sets one for my sw20 and my ae86

frizz240z

Postby frizz240z » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Can you just get your money back? if its been a year to me that is just unacceptable he was telling me lead time for the magnesium wheels are 5.5 months due to back orders and the guy who molds and cuts the wheels was out of work for a while due to illness and being in the hospital. The regualr wheels should be 3 months or co. if he is the american distributor for the last 12 years i would assume he would be part of the BBB, no?

Fiveten so I should have no worries handing 3K over to him for wheels and accessories? Now you guys have me concerned since this is my hard earned money.

He has been very helpful to me and answered all my questions and concerns in a timely manner. He hasnt indicated to me that he is shady or unprofessional up to this point in the transaction.

Cant get a refund because the wheels are already in production phase. Seems like they are very understaffed, as only two master craftsmen can make the custom order wheels which is why mine have been taking so long. Along with delays of other sorts. Last week my shipping money was refunded back to me and my center caps and lug nuts are supposedly on their way. Wheels are supposed to ship next week but we'll see.

I understand Kiyo has been busy dealing with some other stuff and im not hating on him, Mostly just mad at the factory for taking so long its frustrating to spend that much and wait so long.

siman
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby siman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:55 am

You get what you pay for, watanabe wheels are racing wheels on a professional level too. Most wheels are made cookie cutter style with little regard of metal quality balance ect... they are made for quantity production. Watanabe take their time to produce a damn good quality of a wheel, down side is that quantity is not the focus.

Token Blk Guy
Club4AG Regular

Postby Token Blk Guy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Frizz 240z
I feel you dude. Im looking forward to getting them but Kiyo warned me it could be over 4 months before I get them. So I ordered them at the begining of my 5 month deployment hoping ill get them mid june to early July. Then i can floss them for the local gtg's. Im sure once you get them they will be worth the wait. My problem now is trying to find the right tires for these things..

Ev

gaijin_rokurunner
Club4AG Pro

Postby gaijin_rokurunner » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 am

You guys need to cut these middle men out and get them from people who can get them directly from the source and it will avoid all your problems...i just purchased a set direct from watanabe 350 each and shipping is like 300 for the set 5 day...4000 yen extra for center caps...screw this 5-600 bucks each, 5-6 month wait. I dont know this Kiyo guy or any of these other guys selling roms but i dont think they will be a distributor to long doing buisness like above!
20v power.....powered by Orion's Demise!

Token Blk Guy
Club4AG Regular

Postby Token Blk Guy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Not really sure if your comment is any different than what we are doing. You said" you should go through people who can get them directly from the sources". That's pretty much what we did. And what wats did u order that were 350 each and u get them in 5 days. All the research I did yielded each set is made after order is placed. They don't have sets laying around to just ship out.

.where did u order yours from I'd like to contact them for this other set I want. Maybe I'll oder from there and see what set gets here faster.

frizz240z

Postby frizz240z » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Yea I get mine form a guy that is partners with Kiyo and is a reliable dealer of Watanabe wheels. Its just the fact that they are custom order wheels that are hand made that takes them what seems like forever to get here. Been just anxiously waiting almost a year for them and I just wanted to warn people of how long it may take and what you may have to go through to get them. I talk to my guy regularly and he keeps me up to date with everything going on. Ugh can wait tho! 15x9.5s up front and 15x11s in the back are gonna be sick in my Z!

Token Blk Guy
Club4AG Regular

Postby Token Blk Guy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Well Just wanted to give you guys an update. I ordered my Wats while in Afgahnisatan back in March 13 and Kiyo told me to expect 4-5 months from order to completion and shipment to him. I proceeded with the order and I got them yesterday. They actually came in 2 weeks ago but i was In Fiji on my honeymoon so I picked them up from him on my way from LA back to Sac.

I have to say these wheels are amazing and sexier in person than i see online.. I did a test fit today and they just complete the Supra and the Maroon of the Supra and GM of the Wats just set it all off.

I couldnt have asked for a better transaction that the one I had with Kiyo and I would perosnally vouch for him. We spoke for about a good 30 min as i picked the wheels up and he is a really nice guy he knows alot about cars and he has a love for the old school classic so we went on and on about that.. It was a pleasure working with him. I admit i was a little concerned from things being said up here but after tlaking with him for over 2 weeks daily before i placed the order i decided to give him a go.. Couldnt be happier..

So if you guys are in the market for some wats give him a ring or email..

Here is a pic of me test fitting them..

TORPARTS
Club4AG Expert

Postby TORPARTS » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:05 am

looks great....we have the billboard supra decal if you need it!
http://www.torparts.com
WORLD LEADER IN REPRODUCTION, OEM AND JDM PARTS.
US Veteran owned.....and medical recipient and food stamps...I love Obama!

Token Blk Guy
Club4AG Regular

Postby Token Blk Guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 am

Got the wats on.... solid.....

otakurevel
Club4AG Regular

Postby otakurevel » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:26 am

Token Blk Guy wrote:Not really sure if your comment is any different than what we are doing. You said" you should go through people who can get them directly from the sources". That's pretty much what we did. And what wats did u order that were 350 each and u get them in 5 days. All the research I did yielded each set is made after order is placed. They don't have sets laying around to just ship out.

.where did u order yours from I'd like to contact them for this other set I want. Maybe I'll oder from there and see what set gets here faster.

seems they may have specific sizes/offsets that they possibly make extras of to have on hand to make the buying process faster. its when you get into custom offsets that they would be 'made to order' and thus take longer and cost more. this is what i gathered from venturing around the http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index.htm and http://www.watanabe.com.au/ sites.

also interested in getting kiyo's contact info