16v 4AGE Builder

SR5
Club4AG Regular

16v 4AGE Builder

Postby SR5 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah...the topic pretty much says it all. Hoping to find someone with experience. Trying to mate a hi comp head to a gze 7 rib block with 20v rods and crank to hi comp pistons. My head has been rebuilt and just needs to be mated to the incomplete lower block. I don't have the tools or technical know how to build engines nor do I have time for them. Any help would be appreciated.

Requirements:
-San Diego based
-Actual shop w/ receipts and warranty

You can reach me at deraspaul@gmail (dot) com if you would like to email with your interest to take on the build

asjoseph

Re: 16v 4AGE Builder

Postby asjoseph » Thu May 30, 2013 7:00 pm

`
Last edited by asjoseph on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8Ton
Club4AG Regular

Re: 16v 4AGE Builder

Postby 8Ton » Thu May 30, 2013 8:04 pm

'if you are not building a FA engine, you are getting ripped off' LOL Because a formula Atlantic engine is the right choice for EVERY car!

SR5-A professional builder will only give you what you ask for. Just because parts "fit" together will not always work together. here are some questions for you to think about: By 20v rods, do you mean Blacktop rods? If so, Does your gze block have oil squirters? Also what is your redline going to be? How are you going to use it?
The BT rods do not have a conventional oil squirter in the side of the rod, but a 'cosworth' style one that makes the rod stronger and helps cool the bottom of the piston with oil. BUT it doesn't lube the thrust side of the cyl. Instead Hicomps (small port), ST and BT all had squirters in the block to do this. The USDM GZE blocks usually do not.
The BT rod is intended for a piston that is around 25g lighter than a SP piston. Putting a heavier piston on puts more stress on the rod, which is not known to be particularly robust in the first place. Using the BT wrist pin will help, but I wouldn't use this combo over stock redline.

Sorry its a bit long, but am using very similar parts for the engine I am building and am all amped up.