silvertop with B/T ECU

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

silvertop with B/T ECU

Postby Toyo81 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi
81 corrolla, with silvertop
Still need some help,, was able to get a spark in my swap, still no power to injectors and coil, I got the injectors to work if i put power to it and ground the power line, after a few cranks the spark no longer there, has to reset the ecu for the spark to come back. Looks like my wiring colour code is for auto, my ecu is for M/T has 26, 16, and 22 pin plugs, i may be missing a +B some where?? not sure what diagram is correct, the one for M/T according to some info is 12,16, 26, correct me if i'm wrong?? ECU is grunded to engine, igniter is grounded to engine and battery, map sensor is connected on 4 intake, also have an ox sensor and air sensor, water temp not bolted to engine, not sure if i'm missing another sensor... need some help.. thanks

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Re: silvertop with B/T ECU

Postby Toyo81 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Got the car to start but won't stay on, runs for a few seconds. When I try to rev dies faster, not sure if is vacuum issue or igniter, the igniter i have is from Toyota #195. not sure if this one will work ok with it..
Any ideas with be of great help.
Thanks

JHON-STIFFLER
Club4AG Regular

Postby JHON-STIFFLER » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 am

I am bored with my new Mercedes.Its not good for me. :|

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Postby Toyo81 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:22 am

Sell it.
I got engine to start, engine runs but will not rev. Chokes at 3k some times 1200.
Ready to rip the engine out and rebuild the 3tc.
Change igniter to cdh1, running wasted park with twin coil pack.. map sensor is on a tee the other end is open and where the iscv valve goes is cap but loose for the air to flow. if not engine will shot off same with map sensor..
any feedback will be appreciated.
thanks

Cochese35
Club4AG Regular

Postby Cochese35 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Lol ****, I have the exact same project man
Let me know how it goes.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:58 am

What do you mean the other end of the MAP sensor T is open? It has to reference vacuum. If it's open to atmosphere it will not work properly.

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Postby Toyo81 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:10 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:What do you mean the other end of the MAP sensor T is open? It has to reference vacuum. If it's open to atmosphere it will not work properly.

If i block the other end the engine will turn off, or will not start. Also the engine will not pass 1500 rpm with out choking. fuel pressure don't go up 7 or 8psi when rev. not sure sure what the problem is..

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Toyo81 wrote:
yoshimitsuspeed wrote:What do you mean the other end of the MAP sensor T is open? It has to reference vacuum. If it's open to atmosphere it will not work properly.

If i block the other end the engine will turn off, or will not start. Also the engine will not pass 1500 rpm with out choking. fuel pressure don't go up 7 or 8psi when rev. not sure sure what the problem is..

The FPR vacuum reference and the MAP reference both need to see vacuum when the throttle plates are closed. Basically they need to see the actual pressure post throttle body.
If it doesn't run when seeing this reference then something is wrong and you need to figure out what it is.

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Postby Toyo81 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:22 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:
Toyo81 wrote:

The FPR vacuum reference and the MAP reference both need to see vacuum when the throttle plates are closed. Basically they need to see the actual pressure post throttle body.
If it doesn't run when seeing this reference then something is wrong and you need to figure out what it is.

What is "FPR"? Maybe that's my issue. Do i have to connect a check valve on the MAP? I try that and no change. I only have one on the bottom of the throttle body, for the idle. Is been to hot to mess with it, waiting for cool day. when the day comes it rains,, bummer. Thanks for the help..

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Toyo81 wrote:

What is "FPR"? Maybe that's my issue. Do i have to connect a check valve on the MAP? I try that and no change. I only have one on the bottom of the throttle body, for the idle. Is been to hot to mess with it, waiting for cool day. when the day comes it rains,, bummer. Thanks for the help..

Fuel pressure regulator. It will have a vacuum line coming off of it and it needs to see vaccum after the throttle body.

No the MAP sensor should not have any sort of check valve or anything else. It needs to directly see the pressure after the throttle body just like the FPR does.

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am

Where are you pulling power from for the coil/igniter? And are the properly grounded? They need a very good ground, check my 20v DIY thread for wiring help
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Postby Toyo81 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:10 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:
Toyo81 wrote:

Fuel pressure regulator. It will have a vacuum line coming off of it and it needs to see vaccum after the throttle body.

No the MAP sensor should not have any sort of check valve or anything else. It needs to directly see the pressure after the throttle body just like the FPR does.

Ok the Map sensor is connected by the iscv, on the small nipple, with no check valve..

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Postby Toyo81 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:12 pm

morgan wrote:Where are you pulling power from for the coil/igniter? And are the properly grounded? They need a very good ground, check my 20v DIY thread for wiring help

Power is to a fuse, ground is on the chassis and engine.

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:28 pm

You might need better power to them, they're probably not getting enough. As for the ground, it's the coil/igniter bracket and its grounded on its mounting point on the chassis? The 20v is finicky and needs a good power source and a good solid ground.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

Toyo81
Club4AG Regular

Postby Toyo81 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:10 pm

morgan wrote:You might need better power to them, they're probably not getting enough. As for the ground, it's the coil/igniter bracket and its grounded on its mounting point on the chassis? The 20v is finicky and needs a good power source and a good solid ground.

I have the ground to the block coming from the ECU and ground from the ITB's to the chassis. The igniter is bolted to the chassis with the ground coming from the itb's is. Will change the power to see. I have a coil pack running waist spark. will like to use cops, less of a mess.
thanks for your help.