I'm creating a tool for a perfect TPS fittment

anyzunstudios

I'm creating a tool for a perfect TPS fittment

Postby anyzunstudios » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:50 am

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum.

I'm creating a tool that allows you to setup the TPS on your 4A-GE and others with 4-Pins connector without any kind of gauge and align it as it was new from the Toyota factory.

I'm testing it on my 4th Generation 4A-GE Toyota Celica and it seems that works fine. I've also tested it with my GF's Toyota Paseo and with a 3S-GE throttle body that has the same TPS as the 4A-GE, and it worked fine for all of them.

More info comming soon.

PS: I dunno if I posted this in the right place :mrgreen:

Regards!

Rogue-AE95
Club4AG Expert

Re: I'm creating a tool for a perfect TPS fittment

Postby Rogue-AE95 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:29 pm

You're in the right place, and it'll be interesting to see the results :idea:
'88 Corolla All-Trac x2 (manual, auto)

Sprite
Club4AG Regular

Postby Sprite » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Yes can't wait to see some photos. Do you plan to sell these?
Rick

SNEAKERHEAD
Club4AG Regular

Postby SNEAKERHEAD » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:20 pm

I look forward to this, any updates?
1985-COROLLA GTS Hatch
1986-COROLLA SR5 Coupe(Levin front)
2003-M45
2015-C300 4-Matic

anyzunstudios

Postby anyzunstudios » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:46 am

Sprite wrote:Yes can't wait to see some photos. Do you plan to sell these?

SNEAKERHEAD wrote:I look forward to this, any updates?

Rogue-AE95 wrote:You're in the right place, and it'll be interesting to see the results :idea:

Hi!

Yeah! I’m testing the tool with my 4AGE Celica and I was able to set the TPS like in the Toyota Manufacture. I had a device attached to my ECU (Toyocom) and I can see my tps position, and it shows 0%.

I bought the material in order to test how much would cost to build it and sell them.

Of course, I would like to test it with other engines in order to be sure that it works fine or just for me. Also, I want to analyze different values from different cars and calculate the perfect value for each engine.

For now I have 3s-ge/gte, 4A-GE and 5E-FE engines values recorded from my vehicles and some scrap yard parts. All sensors were tested before reading the values in order to get the right values.

I have to admit that engine is more smooth when you press the throttle, but I’m also having issues with the engine because I can’t set the timing right and I think there’s some leak in the intake, because idle keep quite high even after leaving the engine idling for a long time (1.3-1.2k rpms) when always when engine was warm up was like 800-1k rpms). When I put the timing in the right marks (10° btdc on diagnose mode) engine hesitates and backfires, so I have to put 15° btdc on diagnose mode and 20° when is in normal mode, otherwise engine backfires and do weird stuff like fuel cut or fuel shut down (before doing this tool), after using this tool, engine is working better but still having similar issues, so that’s why there’s not too much info until I get the engine working fine, hopefully soon!

More info soon ;)

Corey20v
Club4AG Regular

Postby Corey20v » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:05 am

The timing issue sounds famiar to my 93 NA miata.. the harmonic balancer spun and the timing mark no longer lined up based on the woodruff key position. I put the motor at TDC and made a new mark. Easy to check. Took forever to figure out. Also the ISC valve failed and would work for a minute, then with heat would fail wide open and idle would get stuck at ~1900 (miata). That was easy to check against if unplugging the ISC valve would change rpm or if it was seized and the idle didnt change.

Wrong car, but sounds a bit familiar and took me forever to figure out
1986 SR5->20V ST (WIP!)
Other toys: 1993 S13 Coupe, 1993 NA6 Miata, 1996 Z32 300ZX

fiveten
Club4AG Expert

Postby fiveten » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Any updates?
IG: profdens
IG Store: dsspeedshop

mad_86
Club4AG Expert