Axle won’t fit with OEM LSD?

dodong27
Club4AG Regular

Axle won’t fit with OEM LSD?

Postby dodong27 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 am

Hey... I installed an oem LSD in my kouki rearend, but the axle doesn’t seem to fit, looks like it’s sticking out a bit. Do I need to shave off the axle when installing an oem lsd? If so, by how much do I shave?

Thx!

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Re: Axle won’t fit with OEM LSD?

Postby totta crolla » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:41 am

If your original axle is a Kouki and your oem LSD is a Zenki....
Does the half shaft (axle) fit into the differential ok, if you turn a wheel does the other one turn too?
There is a thread here with some useful info, if yours was originally a non-lsd then there is an answer for you ;) http://www.aeu86.org/forum/Thread-AE86-halfshaft-types

dodong27
Club4AG Regular

Postby dodong27 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 am

Yes my axles are Kouki and from what I’m told the LSD is kouki. I had a zenki diff and my axles did not fit.
I installed this kouki LSD but it looks like it’s sticking out a little bit. I did a short test drive and it was making noise near the wheels.
I read that I need to shave it about 5mm, but if anyone actually had this experience, if I can get your feedback please.
Thanks!

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 am

Hopefully you didnt damage diff or bend the axles.

The splines on the Kouki LSD axles are longer than the non-LSD axles. Its in the archive tech section.

Talk to a machine shop. Make sure they are still straight and ask them to increase the spline depth for you...
IG: unltd_86

Parts for Sale: https://offerup.co/profile/ae86

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)