Emanage Blue + Turbo questions

Straitup D
Club4AG Expert

Emanage Blue + Turbo questions

Postby Straitup D » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:33 am

i am getting my car ready to get tuned for the year with my new turbo setup!

so far what i have is a 7 rib 4age with GZE pistons, Bluetop head and largeport cams

T25 turbo, its an S13 takeoff running stock 7 PSI, this is all i plan on running this year

Stock injectors (New as of 2015) is this something i should upgrade?
- i also have a walbro 255 pump and an AEM adjustable FPR

Greddy Emanage Blue for tuning

my main questions are should i be upgrading my injectors?

do i need a MAP sensor for the Emanage?

jinx
Club4AG Expert

Re: Emanage Blue + Turbo questions

Postby jinx » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:53 pm

bluetop or ze injectors
bluetop AFM electronics ? piggybacks don't often play nice with the weird AFM voltage signal
A ton of Emanage info here. May need some digging on your part; http://www.miataturbo.net/e-manage-10/

u probably get away with a FMU + stock bluetop injectors on a t25 @ 7psi.... like many entry level miata 1.6Ls

BoostJunky
Club4AG Regular

Postby BoostJunky » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:36 pm

^ I agree, If you are running afm, emanage will not work. Probably best to keep it simple, @ 7psi, stock injectors, FMU. Retard the timing a little & run colder plugs. Not the best but it should work. Make sure you have a wideband & monitor detonation at high load. I was gonna go this route with my bluetop but ended up with a blacktop instead.
-1986 GT-S BT20v-

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:43 am

The E-manage works well with the GZE electronics, even the AFM. The NA USDM AFM 4AGE electronics and the E-manage, any piggyback really, won't work. The signal voltage for the NA USDM AFM ECU is 9v as opposed to the 5v the piggybacks are designed to work with. The AFM GZE electronics work on a 5v signal. I came across this issue years ago with an Apexi S-AFC and the E-manage, had to get a JDM MAP ECU. I have a friend running the blue on his USDM AFM GZE and he loves the thing.

So the question still stands on what ECU you are running.

Advice; If you have to get all the electronics necessary to use the E-manage, ECU, harness and all sensors, distributor and igniter, And any mods to whatever harness you get, sell the E-manage and get a Megasquirt or EMS-4. Both can be found for close to the price of all the things I mentioned. The Megasquit has a plug and play unit that has a 4 bar MAP built in.

Either way you go a couple of things you should consider, if you don't already have them, are a wideband AFR monitor and knock alarm. The AFR is pretty much a necessity and HIGHLY recommended.
One shot, one kill.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:42 am

Oh yeah. The E-manage is a good tool for learning to tune. Screw up and you have a drawing board to go back to. Supposedly the E-manage show injector pulse width. You could build a map for a stand alone if you ever were to upgrade. The pulse width map is separate from the E-manage tuning map. With the GZE electronics, not sure of others, the timing can be advanced and retarded. Make sure to get the timing harness for that.

MAP sensor would have to be an add on. Might be able to use a Profec.
One shot, one kill.