3d printed velocity stacks for AE101 ITBs

burdickjp
Club4AG Expert

3d printed velocity stacks for AE101 ITBs

Postby burdickjp » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:00 pm

I drew up some elliptical velocity stacks and had them printed while I shake down the bugs of my own 3d printer. Thought you guys might like to see them.

These are 13 mm long. With the adjustable spacers I made these would be similar to about 70mm stacks. Here's one on my blacktop next to some 50mm SQ Eng stacks, with my adjustable spacers and a Pipercross PX600 back plate I drew up.

I need to trim up my hardware, and then they should be good to go! I've got 30 mm versions on the way, as well. I'm planning on running staggered lengths. This is an inexpensive way to test lengths, but these are nylon, so they should withstand the fun of an engine bay rather well.

If you want any, I've got them up on a shapeways storefront: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/OrionEng ... chineworks
I'll also draw up any size you'd like.
Pursuing the ideal

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: 3d printed velocity stacks for AE101 ITBs

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Looks great.
How big can you print on your printer?
What type of materials?

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Oh and is that price for one or a set of four?

burdickjp
Club4AG Expert

Postby burdickjp » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:46 pm

That's the price for one. Here's my printer: http://projectpam.github.io/
It can do photo resins.
Shapeways does their own printing. They can do quite a few different materials. I've got these set up for nylon or a nylon/aluminum blend.
These are really more for me, but I figured if anyone else wanted any, why not?
Pursuing the ideal

riddleyo
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby riddleyo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Very interesting. Been following your 20V projects and I remember the adjustable stack length using 2" aluminum tube, but have you done any further testing on the stack length vs power band effects?

burdickjp
Club4AG Expert

Postby burdickjp » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:36 pm

riddleyo wrote:Very interesting. Been following your 20V projects and I remember the adjustable stack length using 2" aluminum tube, but have you done any further testing on the stack length vs power band effects?

Not yet. Things have been slow with school. I'm spending the winter rewiring my MS3, getting my EGT logging box from prototype to daily usability, and finishing off my CAN Bus'd dash.
Hopefully that's all done before it's warm and I can do some serious testing, logging, dynoing, etc.
Pursuing the ideal