2UR-GSE 5-Liter QuadCam N.A. V8

jondee86

2UR-GSE 5-Liter QuadCam N.A. V8

Postby jondee86 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:48 pm

Couple this awesome engine to a fast-shifting 8-speed auto with paddles in the Lexus ISF,
and you will be begging to be allowed to go to the mall for groceries in mom's car :D :D :mrgreen:
For the first Lexus to venture into supercar territory, Toyota threw every trick they knew
at making the 2UR a kickass engine, and boy does it show. Just another 2IS when trickling
around in city traffic, but when you hit your favorite piece of country road, get the engine
in sports mode, work the paddles, and you will be in sports sedan heaven :D :D

Nice autumn day out and I just came back from from a drive, and I haven't stopped grinning.
My car is a 2008 with 125,000 miles on it, so not new any more, but enough to convince me
that I'll never buy another turbo, nor any electric car. N.A. is the only way to go :D

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

jinx
Club4AG Expert

Re: 2UR-GSE 5-Liter QuadCam N.A. V8

Postby jinx » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:23 pm

only sensible normally aspirated choice for the old AE was a 1st gen UZ imo. Stock 12sec full street capapble. Low mellow growl, $30 muffler
Instead of the loud obnoxious, slow money pit-4 cylinder variants

Boost is a different flavour - break traction on acceleration, pin you hard in the seat scare-mobile. Don't try to turn then :)

Never made sense of all these gears of modern. To "engage" the driver, for those rare conditions, I suppose ?
If an old 2 valve 80s 4cyl 5spd full street daily, use 3 gears for 10sec 125mph 1/4... capable of very good fuel economy as well.
What purpose is even, a 6 speed box, behind big torque powerplant..... 200+ mph ?

Love riding my bicycle more that I thought I would. 7 speeds? nonsense. Plan now to 'build' a 3 speed (internal hub, 20" wheels) :D

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:23 pm

Sturmey Archer gears were pretty deluxe back in the day. My first bike had no gears
and a back-pedal brake. I was hardcore in those days :D 8-)

Cheers... jondee86

jinx
Club4AG Expert

Postby jinx » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:21 pm

My first bike had no gears

No gears ? That is pretty'hard core'. Did it move ? :D :lol: Single speed was the lowest I've heard of :roll:

Lotsa later 3 speed internal hubs actually include coaster(foot/back-pedal) brake. Work great. Some claim it is safer for kids too
Internal hubs available 8 speed or..... Always thought those IG hubs were a clean efficient 'gadget'. Aliens

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:41 am

Something like this would make sure you got all the looks :D

Cheers... jondee86