buckets and under type shims

speedemon

buckets and under type shims

Postby speedemon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46 am

Hi all, im new to the forum and i must say already enjoying it, im in the uk and unfortunatley there isnt as much interest in the 4AGE engine as there is in the USA.
So when we need parts sellers try and stitch us up.
Anyhow i am just in the process of checking my cylinder head with my engine builder and we are looking at possibly replacing some parts we may need.

I may need a set of buckets and valves The buckets are the under shim type. I believe the are possibly the same as out of the YARis but im not 100%.

Also my inlet valves are 30.5 and 26.5 exhaust. Ive seen some inlet that match my size but no exhausts anywhere.

I will post a picture of both inlet and exhaust and maybe someone can identify them , Maybe they are standard not 100%

If you can let me know where to purchase from in USA that would be great. Ive bought rods before and bearings which i have found to be excellent

many thanks

Mike

4agshoob
Club4AG Expert

Re: buckets and under type shims

Postby 4agshoob » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:18 pm

i could be wrong, but i believe you can snag shim under buckets from a 1zzfe out of a 98+ corolla. someone please confirm this. the other option, which may be a bit more pricey, i know yamaha stocks both the shim under and shim over buckets for the 4age, but theyre looked up under a specific bike. just call yamaha, or visit local cycle shop with the measurements or a bucket, and im sure they can get you what you need.

if perhaps your looking for a set of just stock buckets to have on hand, i have a set i can gladly send over to you.

as for the valve question, there is a write up about this on the toymods forum, id link it, but apparently their server is down right now. i want to say they possibly, may be 4afe ales, but again, its been a long time, this would make the most sense, since the 4afe has 31mm cam buckets.

again, anyone else confirm?

just wondering, what model 4age do you have?

speedemon

Postby speedemon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

hi i am tryin to upload a picture of the engine and the car but cannot do it can you advise thanks

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:18 am

speedemon wrote:hi i am tryin to upload a picture of the engine and the car but cannot do it can you advise thanks

first you will need to get a pic sharing account with a site like photobucket or tinypic. then you will need to upload your pic and the site will provide an html code which is formatted like this > [img]pic%20url[/img]

also the yaris is a 1 piece bucket that does not have a shim so you would have to get the correct thickness bucket instead of using a shim.
http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/Lifter%20Tuning.html

i think the shim under bucket came from the 3sgte engine from the sw20.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

Toyoloog
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Toyoloog » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm

I think there are quite a few 4AG enthusiasts in the UK as well, the AE92 owners club is very helpful to name one.
I also have heard at least Yamaha can supply the shims for the under-bucket's. Yaris buckets are indeed shim-less.
I've got a set of Ferrea oversized valves myself.
Coffee is what makes civilized life possible in these demanding times...

asjoseph

Postby asjoseph » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:56 am

`