Vacuum diagram for an '87 FX16 GTS

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Vacuum diagram for an '87 FX16 GTS

Postby sirdeuce » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Does anybody have the vacuum diagram for a 1987 FX16 GTS ? I need a diagram that shows the A/C idle up solenoid.
One shot, one kill.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: Vacuum diagram for an '87 FX16 GTS

Postby oldeskewltoy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:37 am

sirdeuce wrote:Does anybody have the vacuum diagram for a 1987 FX16 GTS ? I need a diagram that shows the A/C idle up solenoid.

I have the FSM "1987 Toyota Corolla FF Repair Manual" Which diagram do you want???

The vacuum diagram ("component layout and schematic drawing" in the emissions section)doesn't show any A/C connections.

The EFI section does show some A/C, but not sure it shows what you need........

OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:01 am

It's for the guy that bought my FX. He's trying to smog the car, here in California. The car doesn't have A/C, so none of the components are present. The vacuum ports that the idle up solenoid would go between are capped. Even though the vacuum diagram doesn't show anything related to the capped ports the tech wants proof that it is not related to the emissions equipment. I'm just hoping to find something to help the guy out.
One shot, one kill.

oldae82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby oldae82 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

I have the same manual as Oldeskewltoy, but no good way to copy and paste it. However, in the diagrams, page one, section seven, shows the emissions circuits, but no idle up valve (Oldeskewltoy's post). Page 2, sections five and six show the a/c circuits and the vsv idle up, electrical and mechanical for fx16 or fx. they aren't part of the emissions controls.

Excuse me, Oldeskewltoy's post is not page one, section seven, of the schematics, but shows the emissions controls diagram. In the back of the manual are the schematics I'm referring to.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks guys. I've looked at everything I can find on the emissions system and found nothing to link the A/C system to the emissions system. The car is scheduled to be inspected by a state referee. We'll see where it goes from there.
One shot, one kill.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:00 am

The FX went to the ref. The ref pointed out that the diagram actually had the capped ports shown. All the extra running around, appointment at the ref, time lost from work, etc., unnecessary. I'll save my tirade on Ca smog techs for later. Thanks for your help all!
One shot, one kill.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:52 pm

sirdeuce wrote:The FX went to the ref. The ref pointed out that the diagram actually had the capped ports shown. All the extra running around, appointment at the ref, time lost from work, etc., unnecessary. I'll save my tirade on Ca smog techs for later. Thanks for your help all!

send them a bill for your time........ :twisted:
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Wish it worked that way, I really do. I'd be rich!
One shot, one kill.