GTS Wiring - Differences - The holy grail of information?

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

GTS Wiring - Differences - The holy grail of information?

Postby Kitsunami » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Hey guys,

I really need your guys help putting this to bed. I'm working on swapping out my harnesses and I've come to the conclusion that some of my harnesses are incompatible (Aka, I have some Zenki and some Kouki), but I cannot tell which is which. I really need a solid answer on this.

Here's what I've got:

The KOUKI ENGINE harness [I've read] has the black diagnostics box, so I'm 99% sure I have a KOUKI engine harness. The engine harness is also missing the middle black wire, which I've read is for the injectors (Source http://www.86garage.com/forums/viewtopi ... =52&t=3558). The source of my information in the link is conflicting because they're stating that Kouki harnesses should have that middle plug, even though my supposed Kouki engine harness is missing it. See pics:

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ENGINE HARNESS:

Hard to tell here, but that black middle wire is missing [ENGINE HARNESS]

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

DASH HARNESS

Note that my DASH harness HAS that wire where it connects to the engine harness (That's missing on the ENGINE Harness):

Here are the other two pictures of my dash harness:

Passenger (Right) Side:

Driver (Left Side):

HEADLIGHT HARNESS

Now comes the fun part, my HEADLIGHT Harness. I JUST bought it from someone in LA claiming this to be a Kouki GTS HEADLIGHT harness. I'm inclined to believe them, however, one of the PASSENGER side plugs doesn't fit anywhere:

Driver Side Connections to cabin fuse box:

My TL;DR question is what the hell harnesses do I have? They're not compatible together, so one of these harnesses is not like the others.

I bought my Engine and dash harness from the same guy at the same time a couple months back, so I guess I initally ASSUMED that they'd be compatible together (I also took the up the notion that they were KOUKI due to the diagnosis box). Is it possible I got sold a KOUKI Engine harness and a ZENKI dash harness? Or am I blind and missing something blatantly obvious? Perhaps MAYBE one of these is an SR5 harness (I doubt this however)? I can also provide more pictures as needed.

I know I can look at the wiring diagrams and believe me I have, they give me anxiety attacks just looking at them.

I appreciate all the help and I HOPE that this thread will help future GTSR5 swappers in the future.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Re: GTS Wiring - Differences - The holy grail of information?

Postby notnilc20 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Well I don't know much about kouki harnesses as mine are zenki. Here is a pic of my zenki plug that is in question about the center black wire. It has it on both sides. The first 2 pics show this. Hard to see the middle wire in the second pic but it's there. Also here is a pic (3rd pic down) I found on the interwebs of what looks to be a kouki plug as there is no center black wire. I'm just assuming it is a kouki since it does NOT have the center wire. So based on this info it seems that you may be correct in that you have one side zenki and one side kouki.

Here is the pic I found on the web of perhaps a kouki plug.

Good luck.

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kitsunami » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm

notnilc20 wrote:Well I don't know much about kouki harnesses as mine are zenki. Here is a pic of my zenki plug that is in question about the center black wire. It has it on both sides. The first 2 pics show this. Hard to see the middle wire in the second pic but it's there. Also here is a pic (3rd pic down) I found on the interwebs of what looks to be a kouki plug as there is no center black wire. I'm just assuming it is a kouki since it does NOT have the center wire. So based on this info it seems that you may be correct in that you have one side zenki and one side kouki.

This is a good start, thank you notnilc. This may be asking a lot, but would you be willing to take photos of your dash harness on each side without the other harnesses plugged in? No biggie if you can't. From what I can tell, the difference between the two is where the headlight control is.

It's starting to sound like I may have a Kouki ENGINE and HEADLIGHT Harness, and Zenki DASH Harness (which would be kinda shady of the guy I bought them from cuz he failed to mention that).

HOWEVER, Would anyone else please care to weigh in on this? Someone who knows for sure? I would like to know exactly what to look for before I blow another $300 on another @!%&ing harness.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 pm

You say one of your passenger side plugs near the ecu doesn't fit anywhere? Is it the 5 wire yellow plug? (See first pic below)....if so, it plugs into a relay. (See second pic).

Same plug...different angle...

Here are some pics of the driver side fuse box and I unplugged the 3 plugs. I left the rear body harness plugs in though.

Here are the 3 plugs at 2 different angles

These pics below are the passenger side box next to the ecu. Sorry I left these plugged in....but hopefully the pics are detailed enough for you.

Let me know how it goes. Or if you need anymore pics....i'll try to help out if I can. I know how frustrating it can get.