front whiteline sway bar issue

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

front whiteline sway bar issue

Postby Jeonsah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:07 am

Just figured Id post one of findings the other day.

I am running the following setup in the front on my car:

1. T3 LCA (boxy kind)
2. T3 Tension Rods
3. Whiteline sway bar
4. GC coilovers with Tokiko HTS
5. T3 Steering knuckles (2 setting type)
6. T3 RCA
7. AW11 manual rack (no spacers)
7. 15x9 -15 rotas

I am unable to use full lock on the steering due to the wheels touching the whiteline sway bar. The sway bar hangs over/in front of the tension rod. The outer tie rods are also hooked onto the shortest setting on the knuckle. Anyways, with other sway bars such as oem, cusco, tanabe, they are tucked behind the tension rod. This gives you more clearance. Has anyone had this problem before? I have about a thumbs width of rack travel before it bangs the inner tie rod stop. I suppose I could adjust the lca length..So whats the point of this cool story? If you plan on getting lots of angle in your car, think twice about running whiteline sway bars.

Deuce Cam

Re: front whiteline sway bar issue

Postby Deuce Cam » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:54 am

Yeah, i had the same problem with just power knuckles and aw11 rack (also 15x7 +0 195/50). Its becausebthe bar isnt the same shape as oem.

assassin10000
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby assassin10000 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Any wheels can (8.5+ especially) run into interference/angle issues. Longer control arms, different wheels, ncrcas or even wheel spacers can help but may cause fender/camber issues depending on your setup. I pretty much rub tension rod & whiteline.

Andrew

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jeonsah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 am

Thanks for the input. I ended up going with a cusco front sway bar. I do not touch the sway bar anymore. However, with the T3 beefy boxy LCA's they limit how much of the steering rack you can use (atleast on my setup). This is due to the LCA being big enough to where the outer tie rod end touches the lca before the inner tie rod stop hits the steering rack housing. Part of the problem is that I have my outer tie rod connected to the inner knuckle position (closest to the rca).

I managed to get around this by moving the caster closer to the cabin to allow more room for the tie rod. Now the tie rod and rack pretty much hit at the same time. Anyways, the one tip of advice I have for anyone reading this is that you should try to get a nice slim aftermarket LCA such as BattleVersion or the new T3 GTX. They appear to be smaller than the old boxy T3 LCA, so that should give enough room for everything to work.

Also.... for the modifications I have, I think it would be very difficult to run rack spacers in addition. You would probably have to have your tie rods on the outer setting of the knuckle. Plus rerouting other things that are in the way (i.e. where the brake line comes out from the engine bay, tension rods, etc).