Sneak Peek AE86 Full Titanium Exhaust Systems from TOMEI

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
takashi
Club4AG Regular

Sneak Peek AE86 Full Titanium Exhaust Systems from TOMEI

Postby takashi » Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 pm

https://youtu.be/QMn9a6xjXVc

Yes, you heard me right, TOMEI is developing a full titanium line up of application for our AE86.

Both under diff racing application and more friendly over diff application is under testing.

I'm pretty sure It's going to be reasonably priced at $1090 MSRP, and since there is an US office here,
you don't have to worry about crazy lead times and hassling about importing them.

Should be officially released in couple of months, thanks
1986 AE86 GTS Red Hatch - Sold
1985 AE86 GTS Red Coupe - Sold
1985 AE86 GTS White Hatch - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS Red Coupe - NOW

Boyeas Factory
Club4AG Regular

Re: Sneak Peek AE86 Full Titanium Exhaust Systems from TOMEI

Postby Boyeas Factory » Sat May 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Can't wait to hear more about these!!!
Formally known on the old Club 4AG as ( Camber King )

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat May 16, 2015 8:57 pm

takashi wrote: and since there is an US office here,
you don't have to worry about crazy lead times and hassling about importing them.

Lol with Tomei you always have to worry about those things. Good products but complete crap at keeping inventory and delivering on time.

mideng
Club4AG Expert

Postby mideng » Sun May 17, 2015 7:46 am

This is with all vendors including you too! Remember headers :)

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun May 17, 2015 6:21 pm

mideng wrote:This is with all vendors including you too! Remember headers :)

Product development and maintaining inventory are two completely different things. And I admit that I go out of stock on my products here and there for a few days or so. I also can't afford to run my business how I would like because I don't make enough money yet to do things like maintain a respectable inventory. I'll bet my annual revenue last year would be about 1% of Tomei's. Profit, well we won't even go there since I haven't gotten there yet. I still don't just go out of stock on items for 3 months at a time twice a year. This is why I decided to source my own cam manufacturer who was less flaky. They will be made to order for the moment so you might wait a couple weeks to get them but not two months.

It does suck about the headers but that was always sort of a pet project for me and at a point the costs outweighed the potential market. It may still happen at some point but right not I need to focus on things that will generate revenue without a disproportional amount of development time and keep the business alive. The main thing is that it turned into one of those things where this customer would buy it if it was like this but not if it was how I wanted to do it. Another customer wanted it out of Stainless but expected China prices. Someone else wanted one that fit their custom setup. Some people needed it to clear their brake booster. Others wanted it to clear the cruise control. Some insisted on highrise, others insisted on lowrise. Everyone wanted it to look awesome but to 6 different people that meant 6 different things. Then there is the performance aspect. If I'm going to make something that is notably more valuable than CXracing then I should be able to ensure it performs better than CXracing. That means dyno time. If some day I make enough business to get my engine dyno finished that won't be a big hurdle but right now it is not something I can afford to do.

takashi
Club4AG Regular

Postby takashi » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:46 pm

1986 AE86 GTS Red Hatch - Sold
1985 AE86 GTS Red Coupe - Sold
1985 AE86 GTS White Hatch - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS Red Coupe - NOW

LewyG
Club4AG Regular

Postby LewyG » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:14 pm

The Type R system is a thing beauty but i doubt there will be many tracks id be able to get on with it and not many cop cars i could pass either !! :lol:

shafted
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby shafted » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:51 am

How much are these going to run for or running for? Anyone have one on their car yet? Hehe...
Mister S
1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S
2018 Ford Focus RS
2019 Ford Fiesta ST

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm fairly certain that the price listed in the op is on the mark - not bad for z titanium hotness :)

mashi2choco

Postby mashi2choco » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Wow, holy S, that's sexy af looking.

Rjv1995
Club4AG Regular

Postby Rjv1995 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:49 pm

any updates on this? sounds insane

seymour86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby seymour86 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:22 am

looks really nice!!! I wonder if there is a market for aluminum exhaust systems. Ive made a few for EVOs and Subarus. Light weight at a fraction of the cost. I just don't see anyone running them on AE86 for some reason. Ti is more durable for sure though and it is the hottness, also the heat retention properties differ between the two materials.
breezefabrication.com
ryan@breezefabrication.com