Help with 20v BT Vacuum Hoses for swap

vashachiroku
Club4AG Regular

Help with 20v BT Vacuum Hoses for swap

Postby vashachiroku » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:46 am

Hello,

I am working on swapping my engine, bit tired after a 26 hour flight back to the US. I was hoping someone could quickly help me identify which hoses are needed vs. which can be capped off. I would really like to put the engine in the car tonight kind of just sitting on the engine stand now until I can identity which ones I need.

Background:
AE86 is RHD converted and running all JDM Map wiring when I had my 4AGE in there
No Charcoal Canister
No AC
No Power Steering
20v BT wiring from Tweak'd stated don't need VSV.

I have numbed the hoses in the pictures, if you can help me identity what it is, if its needed, and where it goes this would save me so much time. Going to take a few hours nap my jet lag is kicking in.

P.S. - Have read through the other vacuum thread, but the pictures weren't always clear and hope someone can fill in the blanks very quickly for me based on what I'm seeing with my engine.

bigbacon
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Help with 20v BT Vacuum Hoses for swap

Postby bigbacon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:47 pm

1. fuel return line I think
2. Brake booster.
3. no clue but I can look tomorrow.
4. AC Idle up (cap it)
5. ICSV air in. Needed for idle control
6. Where #5 connects
7. Normally connected to the airbox. put a filter on the end of it if you arent using the airbox.
8, Not sure, could be the other brake booster location? There are 2 brake booster locations on these. cap one use the other.
9, This the vacuum line that allows the butterflys to either stay open slightly or close completely
10. Put an air filter on it. Normally ran to the other port on the airbox.

I just went through this. I will go look tomorrow to be totally sure and can at least let you know where like #9 and #3 actually go unless someone else says before

vashachiroku
Club4AG Regular

Postby vashachiroku » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:50 am

BigBacon,

Thanks for your reply. What i did today was put all the hoses and things back and start of OEM based on how I received the engine.

1.) Fuel line is correct, thought it was wanted to make sure
2/8.) Brake booster 1&2? - I traced the number 8 and there is normally these hard lines that go under the ITB. Number 8 came out right beside number 2 in the front of the engine
2.) I capped off number 2 since it was in the front, using 8 instead for brake boost, got a new hoses is that ok?
3.) Its part of the VSV I traced the two hoses from the sensor through the metal rail, which comes out back of engine area and those went there. Capped off since not using VSV
4.) Thanks capped that off
5.) I thought it went to the ICSV, connected it to number 6
6.) Connected
7.) I put a filter, if anyone has photos of what they did like to get a better example and compare with what I came up with.
8.) The rubber connect into a metal hard lines under the ITB which come out the front of the engine near #2. Since I remove those hard line rail I got a longer hose to go from here to the brake boost.
9.) Ok so this was an interesting one I have some photos I'll send later. The vacuum line come out and goes into some little plastic thing, then has another rubber line into that metal rail, which then has another rubber line into another plastic circle thing which finally has one last rubber hose into a black metal connector on the top of the ITB #4 cylinder. Since I remove the metal rail I just used a new piece of rubber to connect between the two circle plastic things, not sure if this is correct?
10.) Put a filter on it!

For 8 and 9 I will post some better photos later that I took.

bigbacon
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby bigbacon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:30 am

this is what I did, just a cheapo spectre filter from autozone

http://mr-2.info/mr2info/images//20v//1 ... 8140_o.jpg

vashachiroku
Club4AG Regular

Postby vashachiroku » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Big Bacon #7 looks like a white circle in the picture, was on my phone so checked on the computer same thing.

Any advise on #9? Should be good the way I have it.

Engine is in now and everything is coming together =)

bigbacon
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby bigbacon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Sorry, I mean #10 but I have the same kind of filter on #7 just shaped differently. instead of a cone shape, the #7 one is just cylinder shaped

the cone one is a spectre (#10) and the cylinder one is a K&N filter I think (#7, it came with the engine).

AlpineFD
Club4AG Regular

Postby AlpineFD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm

does anyone still have the picture to this? this was super helpful in figuring out where everything goes.