My ae92 4age-t

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

My ae92 4age-t

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Hello,

Would like to introduce myself, member from Aruba and proud owner of a ae92 corolla hatchback.
A little about the engine, 4agze without the SC, just turbo, with E58 lsd transmission with the shafts, 6 puck solid act clutch, 440cc injectors.
Upgrading things 1 part at the time.

As you can see it 13.9 on the glass but it ran 13.83 that night because the boost controller got stuck at 11psi.
It was dyno'd at 20psi but for some reason the boost controller got stuck and that's what it ran that night. Didn't want to swap it out because we only got 1 qualifying round that night so had to ran it like it was, i ran 13.91 but it improved as it got darker and cooler
It's a old picture as well, back in may, car is now at the shop to get intake swapped out and it has another turbo on at the moment.

Will get some more pics once it's back from the shop.

Here to learn more about these engines, hoping to build a mad one some day..
Last edited by SiLeNcEbOnE on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: My ae92 4age-t

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

What are you running for engine management?

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:What are you running for engine management?

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Some old pics, was in a car accident 2 years ago, guy came out of nowhere infront of me..
accident was not my fault if anyone asks...

Here it sits nicely

Car should be done by saturday with the intake hooked up...
Hoping for some better numbers...

turboae92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby turboae92 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:46 pm

I like it!! How much power you making on 20 psi and turbo spec?? W e l c o m e

kaya

Postby kaya » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:55 am

I'm looking to get some new wheels and was wondering if our offsets would be the same as the ae86? I have a TE72 coupe and was wondering how crazy i would be able to get with the fitments. I want it to be somewhat flush but I would occasionally drive hard so I won't be "hellaflush". Gotta work on my suspension too and was looking into T3 suspension for front and rear so that I would be able to adjust my ride height and setting accordingly. Tips and help would be appreciated.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Nice build.
Did you make the mani?

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:38 pm

turboae92 wrote:I like it!! How much power you making on 20 psi and turbo spec?? W e l c o m e

Can't remember the precise number but i think it was around 250hp on gas not racing fuel. stock mani and a 50/48 precision turbo, quick spool however lose power at top end, last dyno I put up the new intake, the turbo blew the seals and the intake had a massive leak, flange on the intake wasn't faced or cut after being welded, so it warped a bit and didn't seal properly. huge loss of power, dyno'd 170hp at 16psi like that.. ran the last race with turbo seals blown and intake leak.. still ran 13.8

fixed the intake leak and slapped on a temporary ebay turbo which is a 50/63, before anyone tells me how bad ebay turbo's are, i know they are bad, but going on vacation with the family so thats my first priority, a good quality turbo can wait for now.. plus ebay turbo's hold up, they don't perform as well as precision but for a temp fix it's all good...

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Nice build.
Did you make the mani?

no a friend of mine that makes intake and exhaust mani..

truenorican
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby truenorican » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey nice work on the engine. I'm trying to complete mines and I was wondering on your upper radiator hose setup.

I would like to run it through the rear of the motor too. It looks like two different radiator hoses. Did you use a hard pipe for the transition? Any help would be great. Pictures too.

Thanks.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:50 pm

truenorican wrote:Hey nice work on the engine. I'm trying to complete mines and I was wondering on your upper radiator hose setup.

I would like to run it through the rear of the motor too. It looks like two different radiator hoses. Did you use a hard pipe for the transition? Any help would be great. Pictures too.

Thanks.

I used 2 radiator hoses connected together.
I was asking here if I can block the current outlet and move the water outlet to the back of the head. My brother is using a setup like that and doesn't have any problems with it but I rather ask to be sure.

Here you can see the intake installed and you can see the 2 hoses now, this is why I want to move the outlet to the back of the head instead of the side like it is now.

Some other shots of the car

However I no longer am running this car and you can see the reason why here.

Broken forks, broken synchro's.
I had 2 spare transmission at home both E58 and they both had broken forks as well, something I didn't know at the time I got them, it's when we disassembled it we noticed it, I had to purchase another one to get the forks, after assembling the transmission something wasn't right and the transmission didn't go into 1st nor 3rd.
We did that a couple of times taking out the transmission disassembled and reassembled and still had the same problem and this was done by a mechanic that works on transmissions. So i just gave up on it.

One thing I did notice was the lsd in the transmission, 3 different ones, I always thought there was only one.
The 2nd one is the one I thought they all had, but in one of the spare it had the blue one as did the transmission in the car and the 2nd spare transmission had the yellow one and the 3rd I purchased also had a complete different LSD but I don't got any pics of that one at the moment, I will take one and upload it later on.
Anyone with some more info about these?

Purchased a starlet and the engine is going in there using a c50 transmission with lsd. Using the thick tercel shafts, should hold up untill i get driveshaft shop ones.
Another thing I didn't like was the new intake hooked up there was a sudden increase in air temp, with the stock intake the air temp would be around 30-33 with the new intake it increased to 32-35, so the air going in is actually hotter.. The black paint is going to be removed of the intake see if that might be the problem or maybe it's the intake itself..

Let's see..

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:32 am

Ki ta kiko mi brother. The three different lsd units are for their respective car models they came with. For example, the one that Bello racing has/had in his AW11 supercharged, the other one is out of the "Solara" type cars you know the Corona Camry etc. Those are the ones to have.

Djies pa bo sa, I too had turboed my SR back in the days and used a different intake manifold with a bigger TB out of 200SX. It just was heat soak in my case.... :)

BTW sTarlet caudra rondo of Glanza

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Evo_lucian » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:30 am

Have you taken it back to the track yet ?

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Thu May 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Evo_lucian wrote:Have you taken it back to the track yet ?

No took the engine out and it's now sitting in a ep82 starlet.

Car weighs less so should see better numbers..
There should be a big event end of august, trying to get ready by then , however rumors flying around about the track closing down if it doesn't get another organization to run it.
But i'll still go ahead and finish the car just incase the event still goes on..

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Evo_lucian » Fri May 29, 2015 12:02 am

Keep updates coming. Good luck. New chassis will do wonders for new times. Local ep82 with silver top 20v and 4agze pistons with a Borg Warner s252 on 26 psi is currently running consistent 11.5's

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:29 am

Evo_lucian wrote:Keep updates coming. Good luck. New chassis will do wonders for new times. Local ep82 with silver top 20v and 4agze pistons with a Borg Warner s252 on 26 psi is currently running consistent 11.5's

I was thinking of getting a garrett 60-1. I don't want to spend to much on a turbo but don't want a chinese knockoff . Still got loads of stuff to purchase.
Are you using 4agze rods or silvertop rods??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Evo_lucian » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:00 pm

SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:
Evo_lucian wrote:Keep updates coming. Good luck. New chassis will do wonders for new times. Local ep82 with silver top 20v and 4agze pistons with a Borg Warner s252 on 26 psi is currently running consistent 11.5's

I was thinking of getting a garrett 60-1. I don't want to spend to much on a turbo but don't want a chinese knockoff . Still got loads of stuff to purchase.

Have you given any thought to a holder hx35 or hy35. They usually sell for about $250 used and easily push out 400 whp.

The 20v 4agte is using Silver top rods . only aftermarket internals are the supertech valve springs.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Evo_lucian wrote:
SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:

Have you given any thought to a holder hx35 or hy35. They usually sell for about $250 used and easily push out 400 whp.

The 20v 4agte is using Silver top rods . only aftermarket internals are the supertech valve springs.

My tuner wanted for us to try out a masterpower turbo, depending on the price imma look into that.
It suppose to be cheaper since it's made in Brazil. But we'll see.
I was planning on using E85 in the car but he says injectors are too small, either get bigger injectors or get 2 fuel pumps.
I just go these brand new 880cc precision injectors a while ago.

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Evo_lucian » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:46 pm

If your current pump isn't maxed out then a second pump won't give you the extra fuel you are looking for. 880cc injectors should be good for about 380 whp on e85. How much power you looking for ? Haven't really looked into the master power turbo's

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 am

Evo_lucian wrote:If your current pump isn't maxed out then a second pump won't give you the extra fuel you are looking for. 880cc injectors should be good for about 380 whp on e85. How much power you looking for ? Haven't really looked into the master power turbo's

I'm actually going another setup, in the rolla I ran 440cc injectors with a walbro 400lph pump with c16 mixed with gasoline.
Now i'm going to run 880cc injectors with bosch 044 pump, fuel cel, new exhaust manifold and on E85...
My tuner recommended to either get 1000cc injectors or 2 pumps.. So I don't really know if having 2 pumps would flow more, I do think so because i've seen other cars running 2 or even 3 fuel pumps.... I was planning on rebuilding the engine but I won't do that right now, want to start the car up first with the new setup, run it for 1 event and then rebuild it, do some head work as well, Gonna go 25psi now and push it up to 30psi after the rebuild and see what numbers it will produce.
The price for the masterpower turbo ain't worth it, I can get garrett gt30 ballbearing for the same price..

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Evo_lucian » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:06 am

Again 2, 3, 4 or 5 pumps are only used when your single pump cannot sustain the flow or pressure your fuel system requires, thus far i think your tuner is wrong and is misleading you. Based on your current powerr levels you are not maxing out your single pump. Getting two pumps and keeping the 880cc injectors, you are still restricted to the max flow of the injectors not tye pumps . At the end of your day its your coins.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:17 am

Evo_lucian wrote:Again 2, 3, 4 or 5 pumps are only used when your single pump cannot sustain the flow or pressure your fuel system requires, thus far i think your tuner is wrong and is misleading you. Based on your current powerr levels you are not maxing out your single pump. Getting two pumps and keeping the 880cc injectors, you are still restricted to the max flow of the injectors not tye pumps . At the end of your day its your coins.

I understand and you might be right..
And instead of going to that route I purchased 1600cc injectors...
Gone with a precision 6262 turbo as well..

PDB
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby PDB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:21 am

Mate ask your tuner what duty cycle the injectors are running, you can't be using that amount of fuel on this build !

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:17 pm

PDB wrote:Mate ask your tuner what duty cycle the injectors are running, you can't be using that amount of fuel on this build !

He recommended it. I'm going to run c85 fuel.. It requires 30% more compared to c16. Why it needs bigger injectors..
For example today we dynod a 4efte starlet, running 750cc injectors, 340lph aeromotive intake fuelpump. Has a small ballbearing turbo and upgraded exhaust manifold.. Stock block.. Arp on top.. ACS headgasket, maxed injectors out at 20psi.. Produced 216hp.. Dropped the limiter to 6800rpm.. Leaned out above it.. All this running on c85.

Before it had a 7400rpm limit.. C16 and 450cc injectors... 20psi produced 216hp as well..

We wanted to drop the psi to 18 and keep the 7400rpm limit but tuner recommended to keep the 20psi and drop the limit to 6800rpm..

We dynod another as well running 4efte.. No arp.. Stock block, exhaust manifold and turbo upgraded.. 550cc injectors and 400lph walbro pump.. 196hp at 20psi.. Using a half half mix of c16 and regular gas..

There are benefits of running c85 compared to c16... As long as you have the needed upgrades to push enough fuel to run it..

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Evo_lucian » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Something is really wrong with these numbers, 550cc injectors should max out around 260whp on e85 not 196 whp on stock fuel pressure,

750cc injectors should net you about 350whp at stock fuel pressure before you run out of injectors

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:48 am

Evo_lucian wrote:Something is really wrong with these numbers, 550cc injectors should max out around 260whp on e85 not 196 whp on stock fuel pressure,

750cc injectors should net you about 350whp at stock fuel pressure before you run out of injectors

2 cars were dyno'd and both had 4efte engines... No 4age in them..

We prefer not to go above 20psi to keep it on the safe side on the block..
Above 20psi and we won't know how long they last before they go out..
Those were the results..
1st car on c85 maxed the injectors out..
2nd car as you know we don't go above 20psi with stock block so we kept it at 20psi.. Not that it maxed it out.. this one had mixed of gas and c16

I don't know if there are problems as you said with the fuel system to run on c85.. I'm new myself to this fuel and first time we tried our cars running on them..
It due to the benefits of running c85 is why we are slowly switching each car to c85..

elnitro
Club4AG Regular

Postby elnitro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:26 pm

i love ethanol you can run leaner a/f add more timing and the car its going to make more torque.
11.9 @ 115 mph

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:40 am

A local white/silver EP8x with a stockblock 5E-E just hit 220whp using a "disco potatoe" limited to 16psi on a 3 gallon street gasoline to 1 gallon vp16 mix. Admittedly, he reground the stock cam, did the cylinder head and installed a full-on Aeromotive external fuel pump and kit....

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:00 am

Gino1X1 wrote:A local white/silver EP8x with a stockblock 5E-E just hit 220whp using a "disco potatoe" limited to 16psi on a 3 gallon street gasoline to 1 gallon vp16 mix. Admittedly, he reground the stock cam, did the cylinder head and installed a full-on Aeromotive external fuel pump and kit....

But then again not all cars make the same hp, it all depends on setup and some dyno's banks out there show more hp then others.
I dyno'd the corolla 2 years ago at 2 different places. One showed up 197hp while the other did 224hp. Nothing was done to the map.
They weren't the same brand.

Update on my car
I am trying to buy all parts I need before we continue work on the car. But this should give you an idea.
What's left is new shocks, fuel lines and fuel pump. Trying to sell the microtech ecu and buy a fueltech ecu.
This way I don't need to buy gauges to display watertemp, oilpress etc.. This can all be displayed on the screen.
You can also adjust the map from the screen. And going to use 1nz coils.

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:02 am

Okay, about those 1NZFE.... I'm sure they are fine for the streets but for racing? Even the occasional one..... I don't know.

But anyway, here are some sites for you to check out.

http://priuschat.com/threads/performance-ignition-coils.118075/

http://www.okadaprojects.com/usa/products_direct.htm

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Gino1X1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:07 am

Okay, about those 1NZFE.... I'm sure they are fine for the streets but for racing? Even the occasional one..... I don't know.

But anyway, here are some sites for you to check out.

http://priuschat.com/threads/performance-ignition-coils.118075/

http://www.okadaprojects.com/usa/products_direct.htm