LEVIN front end conversion

RED RED
Club4AG Regular

LEVIN front end conversion

Postby RED RED » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Anyone has step by step instructions or detailed diagrams of how to do the kouki levin front conversion on my 1987 corolla coupe?

Deuce Cam

Re: LEVIN front end conversion

Postby Deuce Cam » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:03 am

What are your concerns?

Everything bolts right on except for the headlight brackets. For those you have to drill a few holes first before they can be bolted up. No easy way to explain this because you have to mock the headlights up first before marking the holes to drill, it's very easy though. The levin lights plug right into the usdm harness.

You'll also need to source a bulb pigtail to use on the larger opening in the corner lights if yours didn't come with a sub harness (most don't). An ae86 rear brake light pig tail works so you'll need to hit up a junk yard if you don't have a spare tail light sub harness. I'm sure others are compatible as well but that will get you started; ideally you want a 3 wire bulb pig tail otherwise your corner lights will be way too bright.

Then you need to connect a total of 8 wires iirc: 2 for each corner light and 2 for each bumper signal light. I simply cut the wires behind the usdm bumper signals - retaining the pigtails - and cut the pig tails off the levin bumper signals, then solder or connect the levin lights to the usdm harness (ground->ground, signal->signal, running light isn't used on levin signals). To power the large corner lights I simply tapped into the small corner light (ground->ground, running light->running light, you won't use the third wire on the pigtail that was originally for a brake light).

RED RED
Club4AG Regular

Postby RED RED » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 pm

do you have any pics of how it looks?

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:42 am

As far as the step by step conversion process, no. I can help if you have any questions though.