STAY AWAY TO "TOKYO MOTOR IMPORTS"

romeoae86

STAY AWAY TO "TOKYO MOTOR IMPORTS"

Postby romeoae86 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:58 am

I apologize for posting this here guys but I would like to warn everyone to stay away from Tokyo Motor Imports.

http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/engines.html

I've recently bought a BT over the phone especifically the one they advertised on their site.
Claims that their engines are tested and in working condition. So I bought it, for some odd reason he said that the compression is not normal, and followed with a million excuses, he also accidently slipped on his tounge that he sold it to his cousin. WTF.. He promised me that he was gonna send me the best engine as possible, I told him to at least send me pictures first but he did not, so an engine was sent without having an idea what am i getting... A week later I got the engine but had to pick it up from the terminal eventhough I had already paid for a residential fee and liftgate. So another $60 rental pick up truck on my end. Upon unwrapping the engine, sh*t did not send me the coil and ignitor as I clearly asked for. Worse yet is that there is evidence of oil inside and out the timing belt housing..
I've attempted Thousands of emails and phone calls to my concerns about the service I didn't get, missing parts and about the condition of the engine. but no reponse... so please guys stay away from these people.. I will be filling a dispute on these clowns.. any advise is greatly appreciated..

BakaBaka
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: STAY AWAY TO "TOKYO MOTOR IMPORTS"

Postby BakaBaka » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Depends on how you paid. If it's from your credit line, then you can always file a reversal with your bank. You can also file a complaint on FTC's website. You can also contact the district attorney that is located at their registered state of business (may or may not be in the same state their physical address is located, a lot of businesses do this to avoid taxes) and file a consumer complaint. If all else fails it gets to nowhere, then you can always take it to small claims court.

romeoae86

Re: STAY AWAY TO "TOKYO MOTOR IMPORTS"

Postby romeoae86 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 am

BakaBaka wrote:Depends on how you paid. If it's from your credit line, then you can always file a reversal with your bank. You can also file a complaint on FTC's website. You can also contact the district attorney that is located at their registered state of business (may or may not be in the same state their physical address is located, a lot of businesses do this to avoid taxes) and file a consumer complaint. If all else fails it gets to nowhere, then you can always take it to small claims court.

Hi, I just paid it through my bank account. Anyways, thank you for all the advice, this really helps me a lot as I do not know where to start, other than speaking to my bank where I made the transfer.