What do you guys think?

jromo04
Club4AG Regular

What do you guys think?

Postby jromo04 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:46 pm

So what do you guys think of Megan and Godspeed suspension like sway bars ect... anyone using this product?

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Re: What do you guys think?

Postby Jeonsah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 pm

There seems to be a lot of people going with megan. Megan makes some decent/good stuff. Definitely worth considering buying. As far as godspeed, I would reconsider. I have not herd very many tests with them.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 pm

megan and godspeed are the same junk. No thanks.

jromo04
Club4AG Regular

Postby jromo04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys.

jromo04
Club4AG Regular

Postby jromo04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 pm

LongGrain wrote:megan and godspeed are the same junk. No thanks.

So have you had a bad experience with megan and godspeed?

legit01rolla
Club4AG Regular

Postby legit01rolla » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 pm

megan sucks, i am trying to get rid of my megan coilover suspension.. way toooo bouncyyyyy

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 am

I am running a Godspeed front swaybar and I have used their rear bar. Both are quality pieces and work well on the car. My only complaint is that they paint them rather than powder coat, so the paint comes off underneath the bushings pretty instantly. Both of their bars are hollow, so they are a fraction of the weight of any solid bar you can find. Both springrates are good for normal and sprirted road driving, but I feel the rear bar is a little light for track duty. In terms of fitment and build quality, both front and rear are good. Other than the paint, I have nothing but good things to say about their swaybars. I have no experience with any of their other products, but I am considering buying their adjustable 4-links. A trick that I used to make installing them easier is to cut the bushing like most poly bushings are. It's pretty hard to slide a rubber bushings on, so cutting them allows you to just wrap the bushing around the bar, install the brackets and bolt it up.

jromo04
Club4AG Regular

Postby jromo04 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 pm

gotzoom? wrote:I am running a Godspeed front swaybar and I have used their rear bar. Both are quality pieces and work well on the car. My only complaint is that they paint them rather than powder coat, so the paint comes off underneath the bushings pretty instantly. Both of their bars are hollow, so they are a fraction of the weight of any solid bar you can find. Both springrates are good for normal and sprirted road driving, but I feel the rear bar is a little light for track duty. In terms of fitment and build quality, both front and rear are good. Other than the paint, I have nothing but good things to say about their swaybars. I have no experience with any of their other products, but I am considering buying their adjustable 4-links. A trick that I used to make installing them easier is to cut the bushing like most poly bushings are. It's pretty hard to slide a rubber bushings on, so cutting them allows you to just wrap the bushing around the bar, install the brackets and bolt it up.

Thanks for your opinion about Godspeed. Well hope to hear more bad or good things.

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 am

The only opinions you should listen to are ones from people that have actually used the product. :) Best I can tell, I'm the only one that seriously tracks my car that has used them. If you want my rear bar, I'd be willing to sell it or trade for it, since I'm running a Whiteline adjustable now. Shoot me a pm if youre interested.

jromo04
Club4AG Regular

Postby jromo04 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm

gotzoom? wrote:The only opinions you should listen to are ones from people that have actually used the product. :) Best I can tell, I'm the only one that seriously tracks my car that has used them. If you want my rear bar, I'd be willing to sell it or trade for it, since I'm running a Whiteline adjustable now. Shoot me a pm if youre interested.

Ill keep that in mind thanks bro.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 am

[quote="gotzoom?"I'm running a Whiteline adjustable now.[/quote]

How does the whiteline compare to the GS one? Have you tried the whiteline front?
What kind of track events do you run and what suspension are you running?

Sorry for the thread jack and the million questions.

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 am

I'm running the Whiteline bar mainly because it's adjustable and I've been trying to get the rear working the way I want it to. I figured that was easier than buying a bunch of bars and testing. Plus, I run track events and autocross and the Whiteline bar is really easy to disconnect for autocross. I ran with the Godspeed rear bar on track when I first got it and I didn't feel like it controlled the rearend well enough. There was a significant delay between when the front of the car took a set and when the rear did, and I was able to dial that out completely with the adjustable Whiteline bar. I've since switched to new shocks, so I'm not sure how the Godspeed bar will work with my new shocks. Lately, I have mostly been doing grip track stuff, although the setup I am running should work well for drift too, since the balance is good and you can get the car way out of shape and easily wind it back in. The car doesn't really turn well enough to be competitive in autocross, but it is fun. That is mostly because I'm not running front toe-out and my tires aren't great for autocross, though. I have the large non-adjustable Whiteline swaybar on my kouki car, but it's not running yet, so I haven't tested it. Frankly, the front works perfectly with the Godspeed bar, so I think going stiffer will just make the car turn less. I do feel like I'm slightly undersprung for the tires I'm running, so I may try going 10% stiffer on the springrates.

Front setup:
Koni 8610 strut inserts
Koni bumpstops (came with the inserts)
Ground Control coilovers
Eibach 450lb springs
T3 Camber plates
D Garage RCAs
Godspeed hollow swaybar.
Stock tension rods with Prothane bushings
Prothane LCA bushings
Nitto 205/55/14 NT01 tires
3 deg of camber
2 deg caster
Zero toe
1/4" of rake
Corner balanced to zero cross weights

Rear:
QA1 Proma Star single adjustable shocks
NB Miata rear bumpstops
Stock bumpstops cut to only 1 "rib"
Pinion snubber removed
TRD 5.5kg springs uncut
Whiteline adjustable swaybar
Home-made adjustable 4-links
Whiteline adjustable panhard bar
TC Sportline traction brackets
Nitto 205/55/14 NT01 tires
Zero thrust angle
Pinion angle in spec

I like the reduced noise of the Whiteline panhard bar with bushings and my 4-links have bushings on the body sides for the same reason. Over all, the car is working pretty well, but I am not able to get enough negative camber up front with stock LCAs and normal camber plates, so my outside tire wear is pretty bad. I recently picked up a pair of MK2 Celica LCAs and I will be moving to those, which will increase the camber, since they are slightly longer than stock LCAs. Unfortunately, the center of gravity is pretty high on these cars, so they roll a lot. A side effect of having an adjustable rear swaybar that I recently discovered is that I sometimes get wheelspin on tight corners (T14/15 on Thunderhill for example,) so I have the ability to dial out a little bit of rear bar and eliminate the wheelspin. IMO, for grip track driving, the Whiteline adjustable rear bar is a must have upgrade.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

wow! Thank you for the excellent reply. It was alot more than i expected, well written and tons of info here.
It is awesome to have someone who actually tracks their car and is willing to freely give out information in a well thought out way.