GTS, Digital and SR5 gauge cluster connection question.

BlackStar
Club4AG Enthusiast

GTS, Digital and SR5 gauge cluster connection question.

Postby BlackStar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Is the wiring on the connections for the GTS and SR5 gauge cluster the same? Like, if you plug in the GTS gauge cluster into an SR5car, will all the electric lights and dials work because on the connection itself, they are all correct(AKA, plug and play)? Or would it require the use/making of some wiring to get everything matched up right?

Also, does a JDM digital gauge cluster require special wiring/harness making to work, or will it just plug and play( besides the fuel gauge, I know that that is a problem that has to be addressed)

Just wondering ;)

rongfk
Club4AG Expert

Re: GTS, Digital and SR5 gauge cluster connection question.

Postby rongfk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Sr5 gts are the same when it comes to that and all functions will work the same, but the sr5 aren't equipped with a check engine light on the harness so that light wont work. Jdm digital cluster is a completely different system and rewiring is needed to make work or you can pick up an adapter harness from me.
always looking to buy original ae86 master power window switches or parts, good or broken or not working.

look for my parts for sale...

rongfk1963@yahoo.com

BlackStar
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: GTS, Digital and SR5 gauge cluster connection question.

Postby BlackStar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

I actually picked up a digital cluster a while back. It has the custom adapter harness. Kind of nice to know that theoretically, when i get the digital cluster back together(it needs a fuse soldered in to work), I could have an SR5 with a digital cluster. Just probably make a mark on the RPM bar as to wear my engine red-lines at(6 instead of 8 K).