Where can I buy an AE86 windshield without a tint band across the top?

Jesse
Club4AG Regular

Where can I buy an AE86 windshield without a tint band across the top?

Postby Jesse » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Greetings! I'm nearing the end of my resto-mod AE86 project, and I need a new windshield as my current one is cracked. I can't find a local source for a windshield without some god-awful green or blue tint shade across the top of the windshield, which blocks my view and looks like crap to boot. Original Toyota windshields seem to be discontinued.

Who has a source for OE-style clear windshields? Can the tint band be removed, and if so, how? What have you guys doing restorations done for front window glass?

Any and all help appreciated, thanks! :D

SidewaysEightSix
Club4AG Regular

Re: Where can I buy an AE86 windshield without a tint band across the top?

Postby SidewaysEightSix » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Most of you guys are in a California so I'm not sure how much help this may be.

I've used a company here in Phoenix, Arizona because I knew a girl since High School that worked there at the time. They were able to get me two replacement windshields for two of my 86's that had no tint what so ever. The company is Select Glass in Peoria, AZ. Maybe they can atleast find a distributor for you? This was two years ago, and my friend no longer works in auto glass or I'd ask her directly.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Re: Where can I buy an AE86 windshield without a tint band across the top?

Postby CloudStrife » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Boy, I just cringe when I hear "resto-mod" LOL.

Anyway, I did a lot of research on this a few years back. Basically, there are only one or two generic sources for the glass, and I'm not sure if they come with the tint screen or not, but trying to find one without it is like intentionally looking for a car without rear discs.. Any particular reason why you don't want one? Here in FL, I'm glad to replace JDM windscreens because the new aftermarkets with tint keep my eyes from squinting!

The only other option is getting it custom cut or finding the aussie glass from a Holden that interchanges with AE86 front windscreens..

Good luck yo
Success guardian... Successsssssss..