Can anyone tell me the horn wires plug wires?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Can anyone tell me the horn wires plug wires?

Postby notnilc20 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:50 am

I looked in the electrical diagram and it says green w/ red wire and white wire....however, i don't have a plug with those wires. I do have one with green w red and white with red tabs though and the plug fits in the oem horn.....but I cannot get it to work....i tested horn direct from battery and it works. But no luck otherwise. What color wires are coming from your horn plug? Thanks.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Re: Can anyone tell me the horn wires plug wires?

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 am

Anyone?.....

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 am

My guess would be that the horn isn't being grounded at some point on the wire loom. I can check when I get home what the colors are for you.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:52 am

aukword1 wrote:My guess would be that the horn isn't being grounded at some point on the wire loom. I can check when I get home what the colors are for you.

That would be much appreciated....thank you.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:05 am

So I checked mine, It looks like it has a green wire with a red stripe and a white one (I think). I have that part of the harness tucked so its hard to see and the engine bay has been painted several times so I could be wrong.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 am

aukword1 wrote:So I checked mine, It looks like it has a green wire with a red stripe and a white one (I think). I have that part of the harness tucked so its hard to see and the engine bay has been painted several times so I could be wrong.

Ok....thanks for checking....i appreciate it.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:42 am

I'm pretty sure the horn is supposed to be grounded to the chasis right near the plug independently. It's been so long since I removed the oem horn setup so my memory is fuzzy on it. It does look like you have the right wires for it though.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:58 am

aukword1 wrote:I'm pretty sure the horn is supposed to be grounded to the chasis right near the plug independently. It's been so long since I removed the oem horn setup so my memory is fuzzy on it. It does look like you have the right wires for it though.

From what I can tell from the ae86 electric diagram....the white wire is the power wire and the green and red wire goes to the steering wheel and when you push the horn button it grounds via the steering column shaft...can someone correct me?

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Postby jdm86gtz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 am

notnilc20 wrote:
From what I can tell from the ae86 electric diagram....the white wire is the power wire and the green and red wire goes to the steering wheel and when you push the horn button it grounds via the steering column shaft...can someone correct me?

Yeah the white wire with red rings comes out of the engine bay fuse box and the green and red wire goes into the horn button.
If you have 12V on the white wire then ground the other side of the horn and it should beep

scalpel
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby scalpel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Beep beep is the horn fixed?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 pm

scalpel wrote:Beep beep is the horn fixed?

Found that the fuse was blown and now getting power to the white w/ red tabs wire but the funny thing now is....when I connect the green wire it automatically beeps like it's grounded out somewhere already....but it's not supposed to ground until i push the horn button....

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 pm

notnilc20 wrote:
scalpel wrote:Beep beep is the horn fixed?

Found that the fuse was blown and now getting power to the white w/ red tabs wire but the funny thing now is....when I connect the green wire it automatically beeps like it's grounded out somewhere already....but it's not supposed to ground until i push the horn button....

Finally dug some digging and found the wire for the horn behind the turn signal cam assembly was worn through and was grounding out....so my thoughts from before were accurate...i'm just glad I didn't have to dig further than I did....all is working well now...