rear end bearings

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

rear end bearings

Postby ga_goosh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 pm

I found this on aeu86drivingclub giving rear diff bearing toyota part numbers and the corresponding manufacturer part numbers that are supposed to be the same bearing. some of the bearings are much cheaper from the manufacturer part numbers over oem part numbers. I dont know how accurate the part numbers are so can anyone confirm or deny these part numbers are the same as the toyota bearings? i dont want to spend 200 bux on a set of bearings to put in a welded diff temporarily while i rebuild my lsd. really all i need are the diff housing bearing races.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/52706-diff-bearing-part-numbers-etc
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Re: rear end bearings

Postby jdm86gtz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 pm

The listed numbers are bearing sizes so you don't even have to buy Koyo brand bearings if you don't want, especially if it's only for a temporary setup.

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm

ok cuz i found those bearings on amazon for about 10 bux each.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 am

Just go with good bearings, especially if you are going to put a welded diff, which interprets to you wanting to slide your 86 and a cheap bearing will just be a waste of time and $...i wouldnt even put $10 bearings on a skateboard lol

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 am

I wouldnt say they are not good bearings im just looking for a cheaper alternative to oem. koyo makes the bearings for toyota and koyo bearings can be had for 15 bux on amazon. if i went to toyota i would be paying 3x as much for the same exact bearing. there are many good bearing makers. you dont have over pay at the dealer to get them.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Well koyo is good ive used them on a variety of cars with no issues...i thought you wanted to use a totally no name chinese or Taiwanese bearing lol...u should be good with koyo

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:21 am

thanks i was really wanting to confirm these bearing sizes where the correct size for the rear ends. I would for sure use a well known Bearing like koyo or timken. timken is the house brand at all my local parts stores. oddly enough my local parts store do not show this bearing size to fit my car. it might be because it is listed as a wheel bearing. the parts store also does not list a replacement bearing for the rear end. it shows unavailable. this is the main reason i want to confirm the size is the correct bearing.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:13 pm

I would not order bearings for a rear end from a local parts store... Just my two cents.

I'd rather figure out the part numbers myself and bargain shop on the internetzzz. Besides, Koyo isn't really that much, I'm not sure why it seems so pricey. I got a full rebuild kit (both front and rear) Koyo for like 200. Came with collars (races) too.

And don't buy it through the dealer, they mark up like crazy. Just buy from Japan on Ebay.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:48 pm

CloudStrife wrote:And don't buy it through the dealer, they mark up like crazy. Just buy from Japan on Ebay.

Not if you know someone! 8-) 8-)

OP, shoot me a message. I work in parts at a Toyota dealer.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Lol, I dunno, I've had parts counter discount before and still wasn't as good.. Depends on how nice of a guy you are :)

I mean Toyota gets their bearings and consumables from either Japan (older) or Thailand (newer). So more than likely you'll have to order it from the same place which is more overhead rather than going through Mr. Malaysia on Egay. Unless you have those parts on hand of course...
Success guardian... Successsssssss..