rear shock bushing

SgtRauksauff
Club4AG Enthusiast

rear shock bushing

Postby SgtRauksauff » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 am

So, I've got some QA1 coilovers on the rear, and one of them is blown. Getting that taken care of, as they're rebuildable with a couple o-rings and seals, and new oil; no problem. These have been on the car since I got it many moons ago (2006-ish?) and I've not had to do much.

Now, I'm in the process of swapping over the "good" parts to my coupe, and found that the steel sleeve inside the bushing that fits over the axle mounting bolt is seized on one side.

With that being said, I'd like to just put new bushings/sleeves in on both sides, and have done with it.

My question is does the collective hive-mind have preferred parts for this or other coil-over options?

--sarge

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Re: rear shock bushing

Postby CloudStrife » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

I mean, if at all possible, I'd keep the QA1s.. They're a killer quality coilover shock option with nothing but praise.

That being said, I'm not sure about replacement parts.. But would you have pictures of the seized sleeve?
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autohaus_Z » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Mcnsport/Avo shocks are amazing. I had multiple track days/autocross on their double adjustable rear shocks. They are specifically valved for our chassis also; a big reason I choice these over QA1's since these are way over dampened for our chassis.

I even just recently purchased a set of their single adjustables (my double adjustable class me too high in the time attack series I plan to run in).

https://www.mcnsport.com/collections/ae86/rear
Owner. CM Autohaus LLC. San Jose, CA.
RnD/Product Testing. Battle Garage RS/Annex Suspension Group
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
IG @Autohaus_Z for AE86 fun, T50 trans builds, and track life!
The Autohaus Podcast

SgtRauksauff
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SgtRauksauff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:28 am

I'll try to get a picture later today. I talked with QA1, and these particular shocks are an older model, Proma Star. they are rebuildable, and re-valveable, and I'll be putting new shock oil in as well.