Horn don't work help?

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Horn don't work help?

Postby Swooki » Sun May 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Hey my horn don't work please help.

Even if i put a wire to the thing on the steering wheel to a ground it does not go off. why?

davew7
Club4AG Expert

Re: Horn don't work help?

Postby davew7 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:33 am

Use a test lamp and see if you have current going into the horn. If you do not see current at the horn check the fuse. If you do not see current, in either of these cases, you have a problem with a plug connection or a broken wire. Odds are pretty low that the horn actually stopped working. Dave W

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Swooki » Tue May 30, 2017 3:38 pm

davew7 wrote:Use a test lamp and see if you have current going into the horn. If you do not see current at the horn check the fuse. If you do not see current, in either of these cases, you have a problem with a plug connection or a broken wire. Odds are pretty low that the horn actually stopped working. Dave W

The HAZ-HORN fuse looks intact.

What's a test lamp? where do i use it on?

Can you tell me location of the horn and where the wire goes to?

davew7
Club4AG Expert

Postby davew7 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:46 am

A test lamp is just a 12V lite with two wires or clips that you can attach any wire to verify that you have current at the the test point. You could actally make one by soliding two wires to a lite bulb. Or buy one at a auto parts. They look like a screw driver with a point on the end and an alligator clip to attach to your hot lead wire. Dave W

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Swooki » Wed May 31, 2017 2:12 pm

davew7 wrote:A test lamp is just a 12V lite with two wires or clips that you can attach any wire to verify that you have current at the the test point. You could actally make one by soliding two wires to a lite bulb. Or buy one at a auto parts. They look like a screw driver with a point on the end and an alligator clip to attach to your hot lead wire. Dave W

Do you have a diagram where the wire goes? Can't find.

davew7
Club4AG Expert

Postby davew7 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 am

My schematic shows power from the 10A haz/horn fuse [White wire] to the horn. From the horn to the steering column [Green W/red trace] to button. The typical [White w/ black trace] to ground. Dave w

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:08 am

wheres the wire from the button to the wheel? the center opening of the button shown, should have a wire coming from it, looks like you can see where it was attached. that connects to the male spade connector on the wheel. also, my horn shorted out before, only worked when not bolted to the car.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up