Wiring for Trunk

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Wiring for Trunk

Postby Swooki » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Hey AE86 Community I just got a new hatch trunk and rear windshield wiper set.

I have 3 questions.

1) I'm stuck here idk how to crimp on something new to connect it to the wiper motor? help

2) Isn't there supposed to be something covering that? Like a black rubber boot? idk. Because the hole is open and water can get in easy.

3) Trying to connect the wires from the trunk and the roof of the car but the trunk connection dont fit how do i approach this

I'm really confused i never worked with any wires before.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Re: Wiring for Trunk

Postby notnilc20 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 am

1)" I'm stuck here idk how to crimp on something new to connect it to the wiper motor? help"

If you cant use the wiper motor connector, cut and splice the like wires together.....if they are different color then use a test light to figure out which wire powers what......or look through the factory electrical diagram to figure out.

2)" Isn't there supposed to be something covering that? Like a black rubber boot? idk. Because the hole is open and water can get in easy."

Edit: Yes.....you are missing a metal boot cover with a rubber washer to cover and weatherproof the hole.

3) "Trying to connect the wires from the trunk and the roof of the car but the trunk connection dont fit how do i approach this"

Same as number one. You have mismatching wire harness zenki vs. Kouki.