AC Panel Swap

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

AC Panel Swap

Postby Swooki » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:57 pm

How do i take out the white clip without breaking it....... I am trying to switch the AC Panel with a new one

http://i64.tinypic.com/111je6a.jpg

yellowsnow4free
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: AC Panel Swap

Postby yellowsnow4free » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 am

When I removed my AC panel I unclipped the attached cables on the other end, so the unit came out with the 4 cables attached.

I think you go in from underneath and spread the clip "prongs" out. Something like that... it has been a while since I've done it.

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Swooki » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 am

yellowsnow4free wrote:When I removed my AC panel I unclipped the attached cables on the other end, so the unit came out with the 4 cables attached.

I think you go in from underneath and spread the clip "prongs" out. Something like that... it has been a while since I've done it.

I'm doing that but it just broke lmfao what is the clip called do you think the dealership will have extra

yellowsnow4free
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby yellowsnow4free » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Swooki wrote:
yellowsnow4free wrote:I'm doing that but it just broke lmfao what is the clip called do you think the dealership will have extra

("Holy late reply Batman!")

Here's the part # Jeff Lange has listed for said clip: 55933-10010

And a cross reference on said part # via ToyoDIY:

https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=55933-10010&mU=on

(Although AE86's aren't listed above; odd)

Looks like you can pull that clip from a ton of Toyotas, so you could go junkyard hunting and grab a few. And if the AE86 part # is different you can cross reference it on ToyoDIY just like I did.

Jeff Lange
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Jeff Lange » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

The clip isn't listed separately for the AE86, but I assure you, that's the clip you're going to want. :)

Jeff

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 pm

I highly doubt that. I did some intensive research on Toyo Hvacs a little bit ago when I ran into a similar issue. Those clips change VERY frequently from generation to generation. The only 100% sure visual check I could complete was cross-referencing against Tercel, 4Runner, etc. early 80s chassis. I found after a certain year, the clips were similar in design, but completely incompatible for the AE86.

Actually, in the part call-out referenced, it says AE92. Bullshit. I'll go check my spare AE92 HVAC right now.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

1991 AE92:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-TOYOTA-CO ... Fx&vxp=mtr

Completely different. I don't have the ability to check all chassis listed, but I would make absolutely sure before you buy. That is, if it's even in stock; that site is just cross-referencing part call-outs.

Just go to a JY. It's free pocket **** anyway.

I'm just stoked the almighty Mr.Lange is back...

Jeff Lange
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Jeff Lange » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:26 pm

I used the AE92 CP clips in my AE86 climate control when I redid the cables many many years ago.

Here is a picture of the AE92 clip listed above:

Here is an AE86 climate control:

It is the correct part.

PS: I never left. ;)

Jeff

davew7
Club4AG Expert

Postby davew7 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:02 am

Couldn't you used a narrow tie-warp to hold the cable in place, or trim a regular width one down to fit the grove. Davew7

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:32 pm

the problem with that is the cable clamp fits in a groove on the actual cable, and has to be the perfect size in order to both secure the cable in place and not create any slack.

I was actually able to make a different clamp.and cable work, but I had to perfectly match a cut groove on the cabme with the tab on the clamp via Dreme l. Not sure if that makes sense...

Id you have even the smallest.amount of play, the levers won t actuate the flaps properly. I tried engineering different things and it just wouldn't work. Now throwing these clips in CAD on the other hand...