AE86 Wiper Problem

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

AE86 Wiper Problem

Postby Swooki » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:33 am

My wipers does not work. Only the Drivers side work but the passenger is inconsistent and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor but why is this happening?

This happened when i had my whole wind shield frozen and i tried using the wiper and it didn't budge.

VIDEOS for Reference:

LINK 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOo_iL ... e=youtu.be

LINK 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhxFhTI ... e=youtu.be

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Re: AE86 Wiper Problem

Postby totta crolla » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:23 pm

On the link 2 video you can see that the wiper spindle is moving as it should but the wiper arm is not moving, this suggests that the problem is with the wiper arm rather than the linkage. It may be that the nut is loose or that the splines in the wiper arm are worn and I think that your search for the problem should start with the wiper arm.
The easiest way to remove the arm is to loosen the nut and then lift the wiper blade / arm away from the screen, doing this will relieve the pressure on the spindle and will allow the arm to be gently pulled off. Be careful not to allow the wiper arm to spring back against the screen at any time.

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: AE86 Wiper Problem

Postby Swooki » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:42 pm

totta crolla wrote:On the link 2 video you can see that the wiper spindle is moving as it should but the wiper arm is not moving, this suggests that the problem is with the wiper arm rather than the linkage. It may be that the nut is loose or that the splines in the wiper arm are worn and I think that your search for the problem should start with the wiper arm.
The easiest way to remove the arm is to loosen the nut and then lift the wiper blade / arm away from the screen, doing this will relieve the pressure on the spindle and will allow the arm to be gently pulled off. Be careful not to allow the wiper arm to spring back against the screen at any time.

Okay, i will update you