RADIO HARNESS WIRES?

corollafrs
Club4AG Enthusiast

RADIO HARNESS WIRES?

Postby corollafrs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 am

Hi i need information on the zenki gts radio harness.

what colors go to where.

the zenki gts one is always different from other ones, i have two solid white, two solid reds two blacks... basically two of every color that isnt on any other harnesses. i have checked all harnesses from other toyotas around the same year and they have the normal. blue with yellow wires, gray with colored dots...

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Red
Club4AG Expert

Re: RADIO HARNESS WIRES?

Postby Red » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 pm

AFAIK all years, the GT-S had the same radio options as all the rest and I'd guess 'two's of stuff means left and right, stereo, and sounds like someone added in a booster at some point unless you're looking at speaker wires. A complete list of what wires you've got might also help. Car came with no radio, just a bunch of wires hanging down? Can you trace any of them back to the speakers, to eliminate those? And are the speakers just the four in the stock locations?

You trying to restore it to stock, or adding in something else?
-- Original owner, 1985 GT-S

corollafrs
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby corollafrs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 pm

not restoring. i just dont have speakers hooked up yet to test them with a battery. but ill try to take pictures to let you guys see what im talking about. from all the radio website they are giving me totally different colors as to what "should" be in there. i cant see certain colors but i am definitely not seeing the colors that the radio sites are talking about.

the wires are cut and for simplicity sake i wanted to splice in an oem harness so that the aftermarket harness can continue to be modified if i change decks.

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 am

An OEM harness plug will only help you if you can still get adapters to convert it to whatever you put in. Is anyone actually still selling them?? Not just listing them, but still got them in stock??

I found a piece (the business end) of a harness in my piles but have no idea what it is/was and no memory but I *think* I hardwired mine in, after the last round of theft damage and the last radio went buh-bye.
-- Original owner, 1985 GT-S

corollafrs
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby corollafrs » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 am

thats a good idea. yea they are still available. but i have a few adapters ive been hoarding for things like this. LOL ill try to get pics today...

TiredToy
Club4AG Regular

Postby TiredToy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am

Here ya go, right outta the book.... for 1985
wht/red -- constant 12v for memory
blue/blk -- switched 12v
blk/wht and solid wht -- L/F speaker
solid red and blk/red --- R/F speaker
blk/wht and solid wht --- L/R speaker(hatch)
on a coupe the blk/wht wire changes to solid wht before the speaker.
and the solid wht becomes brown/red before the speaker.
solid red and blk/red R/R speaker (coupe)
on a hatch solid red becomes brown/yellow before the speaker.
and blk/red becomes brown/red
wht/blk is ground.

hope this helps ya