Using a MR2 Alt Bracket on Remote Thermo AE86

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Using a MR2 Alt Bracket on Remote Thermo AE86

Postby Kitsunami » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:08 am

Hey Club4AG,

I'm about to start my final lap on my AE86 GTS swap and I have some small hiccups, mostly with coolant plumbing / belts and I need some suggestions. I've searched high and low and found lots of good information, but I haven't been able to confirm my desired setup, so I'm hoping some of you veterans can assist! Here's what I'd **like** to run (for various reasons, most notably because my donor 4AGE was from an 87 AW11):

-MR2 Water pump / pulley assembly
-MR2 Harmonic Balancer
-MR2 Alternator Bracket
-AE92 Remote Thermostat Housing to run an e-fan
-MR2 Front coolant inlet from the head (pictured below [I'd need to use this for the alternator bracket tension slider]):
(http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/19 ... ing-guide/)

I'm having a hell of a time sourcing all the stuff above for RWD applications which is why I want to go this route and I read somewhere that the ONLY reason you can't use an MR2 Alternator bracket was because it would interfere with the RWD water pump assembly outlet. With that in mind, this is the cooling setup I wish to use minus that coolant outlet (I already have the AE92 remote thermo housing) so I can run an e-fan:

(http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2295)

My main concern is having all coolant plumbing lines accounted for and belt alignment. Thank you for your time!

davew7
Club4AG Expert

Re: Using a MR2 Alt Bracket on Remote Thermo AE86

Postby davew7 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:43 am

The MR 2 alternator bracket will not fit, when using a standard RWD RH side engine mount. The RWD alternator bracket has an offset mounting pad that fits on top of the RWD engine mounts lower front attaching point. You could modify the bracket, if you have a welder?
Dave W

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Re: Using a MR2 Alt Bracket on Remote Thermo AE86

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Any progress on this? I'm curious. Thanks.