Wheel spacer or adapter torque spec/experiences

nick_86
Club4AG Regular

Wheel spacer or adapter torque spec/experiences

Postby nick_86 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 pm

what should i torque 25mm adapter spacer to my lugs?

Has anyone had the issue with them breaking?

I read some ppl don't like them or maybe they could break, then others said ran 25mm for 3 years but I don't know I just want to be safe.

Tora
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Wheel spacer or adapter torque spec/experiences

Postby Tora » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 am

I don't have spacers, but since I chucked my ugly 0-offset chrome wheels for Celica alloys I've been researching them. From what I've read it really depends on materials, make, and the type of spacer you have.

Are the spacers from a reputable brand like Ichiba (better), or did you buy the cheapest set on Ebay you could find (worse)?
Are they an alloy (better), or are they aluminum (worse)?
Cut (better) or die-cast (worse)?
Longer wheel hub studs (better) or are the studs threaded into the spacers themselves (worse)?

nick_86
Club4AG Regular

Postby nick_86 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 am

Is forged 6061 billet aluminum good material? That's what mine are made of, and has pressed in studs.

KonaTrueno723
Club4AG Expert

Postby KonaTrueno723 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm

nick_86 wrote:Is forged 6061 billet aluminum good material? That's what mine are made of, and has pressed in studs.

Hey I had the same spacers. Ran them on my car for 6years. I normally torque them to 76 ft-lbs as you usually would for std lug nuts,,
theres was a couple things i remember doing when I ran spacers. I cleaned the hubs really good. This is the surface area where your wheels mount up to on the car..& i even do this for aftermarket wheels. But yeah, remove any surface rust or old paint,you want it clean. Use a wire brush wheel thingy connected to a drill & it works great in removing crap..secondly, check & retorque both spacers & wheels often
________________________________________________________________________________
Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop.
Toy House Automotive & Engineering
87 GTS Coupe
85 Toyota Truck V-8 Matching Trailer
72 Blown 6-71 Pro Street Vega