Having trouble with seat brackets

JMcKibbin
Club4AG Regular

Having trouble with seat brackets

Postby JMcKibbin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello I have a set of sparco sprint Vs (fixed back). Buddy club super low brackets with sliders and my head with a helmet it all lopsided. Any suggestions to go lower I thought about cutting the supports and going directly to the floor for new custom brackets no rails to clear out like 2 more inches. Thoughts or suggestions

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: Having trouble with seat brackets

Postby oldeskewltoy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:21 pm

JMcKibbin wrote:my head with a helmet it all lopsided.

do you mean you don't have enough head room, or is the seat and therefore everything... is crooked??
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:39 am

Bride fg goes lower. Nagisa and memory fab have some that that go slightly lower than bride, but the sliders aren't dual locking like bride.

Also, try taking out the butt cushion on the seat, if applicable. That's how I rocked my recaro pole position and spg = extra head room and better fit to seat shell.

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:35 am

I had the Nagisa for an old recaro I had, at 6'3", I had to chop the rear legs about 1-1.5" shorter, for head room.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

SgtRauksauff
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SgtRauksauff » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:06 pm

On my first GT-S, for a Corbeau Forza II, I just got some 3/16" bar stock and made brackets right on the floor, and bolted the seat right to them. no sliders, no adjustment.

Made it so I couldn't let "short people" drive my car, because they couldn't reach the pedals. Even with the lowness, my helmet still touched the ceiling, one side got scuffed from the sunroof all the time, lol.

That being said, I plan on making something to get a very low sliding seat in my other two cars, because even without a helmet on, my head hits the ceiling with stock seats. annoying. About as annoying as the A-Pillar and upper windshield frame of the S2000. right smack in the middle of my face, makes it really hard to see out of, and super-freakin-scary taking left-handers on track because I can't see where the hell the track stops and the grass starts...