Trouble with Steering Manual Rack

JMcKibbin
Club4AG Regular

Trouble with Steering Manual Rack

Postby JMcKibbin » Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Hello,
I just swapped to a manual rack with power inner and out tie rods. Also using T3 zero ackerman and their PS steering rack spacer. The Tie Rods are no where close to being able to go into the holes. What am I doing wrong and how do I remedy it? I can't load pictures onto here so if you would like to see my Instagram handle is TheMcKibbin and I have posted pictures and progress there.

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Re: Trouble with Steering Manual Rack

Postby totta crolla » Wed May 25, 2016 2:23 am

What car are you using them on ?

JMcKibbin
Club4AG Regular

Postby JMcKibbin » Wed May 25, 2016 6:37 am

AE86 sorry 1986. But I believe I have found the problem the T3 Outer Tie Rods are too long The OEM junked ones fit fine but not the new ones Im calling them today, It was just weird because my old set up with the PS rack and them fit fine with those in fact I had to extend the Tie Rods Out.

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Wed May 25, 2016 7:57 am

The power inner tie rods might be too long. The steering rack spacer also probably isn't helping the situation since it extends the length of the rack. Have you contacted t3 with your problem/part list to see what they say?

Fwiw I have a manual rack with manual inner tie rods. In the past I also had the t3 outer tie rod/knuckle kit (with ackerman though) and it fit fine with plenty of room for adjustment in both directions.