Please List All Good AE86 SoCal Machanic Shops

Elitespartan
Club4AG Regular

Please List All Good AE86 SoCal Machanic Shops

Postby Elitespartan » Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 am

I'm looking for all shops in SoCal that can handle head jobs to installing coilovers w/out spindles. Can anyone let me know we're this kind of shop are at?

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

Re: Please List All Good AE86 SoCal Machanic Shops

Postby aaronlee133 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:38 pm

What EXACTLY are you looking to get done? I agree headwork get it done professionally. Mine was done @ Bluemoon Performance in Costa Mesa, CA. Things like suspension etc, you can and should do that yourself. It isn't difficult but of course you'll need an alignment after. The reality is, if you could afford to pay a shop to do everything, you probably wouldn't be driving around in an 86...

Lay out a plan of attack so you don't overwhelm yourself. Then stick to it and do what you can on your own. Download the service manuals. My plan of attack went something like this: 1) immediate issues/needs so I can continue driving the car. 2) suspension (bushings, struts, springs), 3) brakes, 4) interior, 5) engine overhaul, 6) rear-end.

The ONLY things I outsourced were: headwork, LSD install, wheel alignment, and freon removal since I deleted my A/C and wanted to environmentally excavate it. That's it. Of course I had to pick-up some special tools along the way but the corolla is a mechanic friendly car.