How do Install my headlights

Gabes86
Club4AG Regular

How do Install my headlights

Postby Gabes86 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:50 am

Hey guys I Just bought my first car yesterday it's a 1986 Sr5 Trueno hatch shell so please bear with my stupid questions for maybe this next month so the first thing I need help on is how can I put in a assembled headlight and hook it up properly, again bare with my noobness

Lowtekk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: How do Install my headlights

Postby Lowtekk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Gabes86 wrote:Hey guys I Just bought my first car yesterday it's a 1986 Sr5 Trueno hatch shell so please bear with my stupid questions for maybe this next month so the first thing I need help on is how can I put in a assembled headlight and hook it up properly, again bare with my noobness

No worries. We all start somewhere.

What are you referring to when you say an "assembled headlight"? Is your shell missing the entire pop-up "bucket" assemblies? Or are you just looking to replace the light bulbs inside the housings? Post some pictures and indicate what you'd like to install or replace.

From the factory these cars came with sealed beam headlights that can be easily replaced for $10 per side. A lot of people like to update their lights to the more modern "H4" style which will allow you to run a standard H4 headlight bulb. These H4 housings are a little more pricey but they open up lots of bulb options. Either way, both options plug right up.