AE86 levin trueno Time-Attack setup biuld

hachirokkos
Club4AG Regular

AE86 levin trueno Time-Attack setup biuld

Postby hachirokkos » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Guys, i have a AE86 levin trueno, with a blacktop from an AE111. I am racing, at the local time attack club.
I currently have some old TRD sunspension ( multipurpose ), KYB springs, and Cusco front top mountings. I personally bealive that the current sunspension is just a mess for racing use. What are your suggestions ? Has any1 else tried or had racing spec suspension ? Can i use a drifting spec, for racing?

Also i am a delema for the following,
1) D2 drift spec -680 eu from local seller
2) BC street/ trackday - 1100 eu from local seller
3) BC racing spec- 1700 eu from local seller

I am open to any brand and to hear any other ideas.

d3nso
Club4AG Regular

Re: AE86 levin trueno Time-Attack setup biuld

Postby d3nso » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:41 am

I have the BC street/trackday (8f/6r) coilover installed on my hachi. They offer good controll and adjustment fot the price. Good for a daily car that gets tracked every now and then.

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 am

I've been doing time attack with my car for a few years now and I feel like most of the stuff that says AE86 on the box is not very good for track use. If you don't care about time and you just want to drive, pretty much anything is fine, but if you want to get the most out of the car, you're better off going with race shocks. The Koni 8610/8611 front inserts work well. That's a pretty easy choice. It's a hassle to adjust the compression on the 8611's, so you're probably best off with the 8610. The rear is more difficult to find, due to the size of the mount pin on the axle. I'm currently running QA1 Promastar single adjustable shocks that have a custom bleed valve added to reduce the damping and give me more adjustable range. They work reasonably well and are a good fit, but for sure there is more out there. I'm tempted to have a set of Koni 28 series shocks built for the rear and be done with it once and for all. For sure, you need to focus your energy on getting the rear to work. That is where the fast lap times come from. My advise is to get the rear to work and tune the front for balance. It's easy to get the car to oversteer, so you have a lot to work with in terms of balance adjustment. I hope that helps.

hachirokkos
Club4AG Regular

Postby hachirokkos » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 pm

d3nso wrote:I have the BC street/trackday (8f/6r) coilover installed on my hachi. They offer good controll and adjustment fot the price. Good for a daily car that gets tracked every now and then.

thanks for the info, but i am looking for a racing coilover :)

hachirokkos
Club4AG Regular

Postby hachirokkos » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:29 pm

gotzoom? wrote:I've been doing time attack with my car for a few years now and I feel like most of the stuff that says AE86 on the box is not very good for track use. If you don't care about time and you just want to drive, pretty much anything is fine, but if you want to get the most out of the car, you're better off going with race shocks. The Koni 8610/8611 front inserts work well. That's a pretty easy choice. It's a hassle to adjust the compression on the 8611's, so you're probably best off with the 8610. The rear is more difficult to find, due to the size of the mount pin on the axle. I'm currently running QA1 Promastar single adjustable shocks that have a custom bleed valve added to reduce the damping and give me more adjustable range. They work reasonably well and are a good fit, but for sure there is more out there. I'm tempted to have a set of Koni 28 series shocks built for the rear and be done with it once and for all. For sure, you need to focus your energy on getting the rear to work. That is where the fast lap times come from. My advise is to get the rear to work and tune the front for balance. It's easy to get the car to oversteer, so you have a lot to work with in terms of balance adjustment. I hope that helps.

Gotzoom? , you have been very helpfull and you gave me material to search for. i appritiate that