Support Bearing confusion

BlackStar
Club4AG Enthusiast

Support Bearing confusion

Postby BlackStar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 am

I want to replace my bad drive shaft support bearing, and I came across a Beck bearing on rock auto. The price was a tad high, but being the only option, I thought nothing of it. However, today I do have an option, A support bearing made by DEA. Besides being considerably cheaper, I am not sure if there is a difference. I have noted that one some websites, it lists the bearing for a RWD corolla, and on others it says it does not work for a Corolla(they mention Celeica, Supra and Tercel)Autozone does list the bearing for a RWD corolla, but that it is completely out of stock, and not available anymore.

The DEA bearing number is #A6004. The only other information I have about it is that is has a 1.1811" Bearing I.D. I don't know what that means, but since it is listed(and i assume that it is the width of the inside of the bearing opening for the drive shaft)

Here is a listing from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/DEA-A6004-Center- ... B008E7U3Z8

And the Beck bearing

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compat ... &carId=001

Anyone have any ideas? I would like to save money. If it doesn't fit, then at least I know.

Illegal_Garage
Club4AG Pro

Re: Support Bearing confusion

Postby Illegal_Garage » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Buy a 1 piece drive shaft with serviceable U joints

almost 8 lbs lighter than stock
e-mail me for more details

Max
Veteran Owned and Operated Business
Gulf War Era & The Bosnia-Herzegovina-Kosovo Wars
U.S. 7th Fleet
VQ-5 Det 5
VQ-1

Maxfrommisawa@aol.com

BlackStar
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Support Bearing confusion

Postby BlackStar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't have that kind of cash. Furthermore, my car is just a daily driver/restoration project, it doesn't warrant a 1 piece drive shaft.