hellp!!! pls ae85 gts( PROBLEMS)

Androae85gts

hellp!!! pls ae85 gts( PROBLEMS)

Postby Androae85gts » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 am

Hey I recently bough my ae85/86 corolla gts. The corolla dosent accelarate under load wen is hot I did all mentanance change spark plug NgK)( bough new distributor with all new accesories)( I bougth new distributor cables)(fuel filter)(new walbro fuel pump) pls help this only happensd wen the car heats up to operational temp an act like if it was misfireing an running 2 cilinders :?: :?: :(

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Re: hellp!!! pls ae85 gts( PROBLEMS)

Postby ga_goosh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 am

how does your car idle? have you checked the TPS settings? is there any vac leaks? also check your base timing and your ignition timing. do you have any CEL lights?
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

86_Chaser
Club4AG Regular

Postby 86_Chaser » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 pm

i would also check your fuel pressure just to double check that your gettting the correct fuel pressure. i think its 38-44psi. dont quote me. Also, i would check your MAF cause those usually go bad. Do a resistance test on it.

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jeonsah » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Give us a detailed description of what is going on when you start and drive the car. The more symptoms and the more detailed information we have, the better we can diagnose the problems. With that said I would start off with the following:

1. Check for spark to all four cylinders
2. Compression Test the engine
3. Check that the Injectors are getting power when the key is turned to 'ON'
4. Jump the FP connector to make the fuel pump stay on and try driving it that way
5. Check the battery (never hurts)
6. Check the TPS
7. Try swapping out air flow meters
8. Master Cylinder Failure - when the engine heats up, it gets the MC hot and this can cause the brakes to lock. (Yes.. I have had this happen to me)

Id start with things like that. Good luck!

Vic