AE86 automatic

Coroller84
Club4AG Regular

AE86 automatic

Postby Coroller84 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm

I had an 1984 corolla that was kicked down to me from my dad...but its auto -__- none the less im not complaining. it doesnt diminish the fact that its an ae-86.

but my question is, if i were to ever swap it to a 5 speed, how much cash would i be dumping?

thanks

gaijin_rokurunner
Club4AG Pro

Re: AE86 automatic

Postby gaijin_rokurunner » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Might want to ask these question in the AE86 Tech talk section..this is the classifieds...selling engine parts section
20v power.....powered by Orion's Demise!

AE86_WolfPack
Club4AG Regular

Postby AE86_WolfPack » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Hey bud, hit me up.
How is that tranny?

I have some manual tranny parts that I could trade you.
All you would need is a manual tranny, clutch, pilot bearing. I have the clutch pedal, clutch master and clutch slave with lines that I can trade you. So all together let's say $250 max for you to find a tranny and to buy a new clutch.

I need it for a buddy of mine who I'm doing a conversion for but he can only drive auto due to a hip issue and his auto tranny might be shot.

Willing to help and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks.

Coroller84
Club4AG Regular

Postby Coroller84 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 pm

AE86_WolfPack wrote:Hey bud, hit me up.
How is that tranny?

I have some manual tranny parts that I could trade you.
All you would need is a manual tranny, clutch, pilot bearing. I have the clutch pedal, clutch master and clutch slave with lines that I can trade you. So all together let's say $250 max for you to find a tranny and to buy a new clutch.

I need it for a buddy of mine who I'm doing a conversion for but he can only drive auto due to a hip issue and his auto tranny might be shot.

Willing to help and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks.

what kind of trades are we talking about?

ill be honest and let you know that im not sure if my car is ready to start swapping (its my daily driver).
but i am intrested in swapping. idk if it affects you, but my car is an sr-5. so it would probably have to be nothing but sr-5 parts right?

AE86_WolfPack
Club4AG Regular

Postby AE86_WolfPack » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Well maybe for a select few GTSs', and I mean maybe only 5 in the world was there an automatic GTS. Because I saw it in an old japanese show or something, some lady was driving an automatic GTS.

But mainly here in the states all autos came SR5, which is what my friend's car is.
The trade was what I had stated, I'll offer the clutch master, the clutch slave, the clutch pedal, and shifter.
Only thing you would need to find is the tranny at a junkyard, grab the flywheel off of it with bolts, and buy a new clutch that includes a pilot bearing. All that for about less than $200 depending on where you go and what clutch you buy.

This is not an immediate thing as I am trying to help solve his tranny issue at the moment, so if we don't trade, at least I have the items to sell to you.
But this is a "just in case" deal where I would need to source out a new tranny for him that I know is working properly so it's no rush.

Coroller84
Club4AG Regular

Postby Coroller84 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 pm

that sounds perfect, as soon as i get my money right, ill let you know.