Dash Harness - What is this for?

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Dash Harness - What is this for?

Postby Kitsunami » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:42 am

I nearly completed my GTS Dash harness swap yesterday, but there was one thing that I couldn't find a place to plug, as such, I haven't fully reinstalled the dash yet. Can some veterans tell me what this goes to (The one I'm holding)? I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, but it's located in the passenger cavity behind where the glove box would go.

I can provide a picture of the connection if needed. I should have got it yesterday :?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Re: Dash Harness - What is this for?

Postby notnilc20 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 am

Kitsunami wrote:I nearly completed my GTS Dash harness swap yesterday, but there was one thing that I couldn't find a place to plug, as such, I haven't fully reinstalled the dash yet. Can some veterans tell me what this goes to (The one I'm holding)? I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, but it's located in the passenger cavity behind where the glove box would go.

I can provide a picture of the connection if needed. I should have got it yesterday :?

That is one of the connectors for the heater/ac system.

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kitsunami » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 am

notnilc20 wrote:
Kitsunami wrote:I nearly completed my GTS Dash harness swap yesterday, but there was one thing that I couldn't find a place to plug, as such, I haven't fully reinstalled the dash yet. Can some veterans tell me what this goes to (The one I'm holding)? I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, but it's located in the passenger cavity behind where the glove box would go.

I could not locate where this connected into the system. Everything else plugged up somewhere. :cry:

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 am

Kitsunami wrote:
notnilc20 wrote:

I could not locate where this connected into the system. Everything else plugged up somewhere. :cry:

Hmmm.....it should have another connector to your ac harness besides the 2 wire plug (the other one in your picture). The connector you are missing goes to the pressure switch, ac amp, 2 relays, climate control switches, and thermistor.
Edit: Ok I know what's going on....you are doing an sr5 to gts swap....the gts has a different ac harness as well that apparently you didnt get. You are still using your sr5 ac harness?
Here's a pic of what the gts harness entails.

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kitsunami » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Edit: Ok I know what's going on....you are doing an sr5 to gts swap....the gts has a different ac harness as well that apparently you didnt get. You are still using your sr5 ac harness?

Ahh, so basically I need a GTS AC harness?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Kitsunami wrote:

Ahh, so basically I need a GTS AC harness?

Correct. Also when you find one...make sure to get the ac amplifier with it. The gts version is different....it will have iirc a 13 pin white/transparent connector as opposed to the sr5 8 pin green connector. There are some gts amplifiers with a green 8 pin connector but those are for versions that didnt have powersteering according to the factory electrical diagram. Let me know if you have anymore questions.....i know this can get confusing....

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kitsunami » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:53 am

Pardon my ignorance guys, last question. I understand that wiring harnesses are different between Zenki and Kouki. I still need to find a front headlight harness. I bought the engine and dash harness from someone in the Bay Area, but now I realize I have no idea which GTS harnesses I have. I trust this guy enough to have sold me compatible GTS harnesses, but I don't know if they're Z or K. I believe the black 'Diagnosis' box means Kouki, but is anyone able to confirm which both my dash harness AND engine harness are? I tried to include as many pictures of the harnesses as possible.

Engine:

Dash:

Left (Driver) Kick:

Right (Passenger) Kick / ECU:

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:55 am

The black diagnostics box would mean kouki....so you are correct there with the engine harness. Not sure about the underdash harness.......but if he sold them to you together then they probably come from the same car...