is this a gts throttle cable?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

is this a gts throttle cable?

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:49 pm

found this throttle cable in my parts box tht came with the car i bought. is it a gts throttle cable? the mounting holes don't line up. do i need to modify a gts cable or should it fit without modification? here are a couple pics along side my sr5 cable. sr5 cable is the smaller one on right side.

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

Re: is this a gts throttle cable?

Postby aaronlee133 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 am

The mounting holes should be the same on the firewall for SR5 or GTS - that shouldn't matter. Some GTS' however came with cruise control, so the throttle cable was actually shorter since it went to the cruise control pump and then from there a cable went to the throttle body itself so only the lengths were different.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:46 pm

ok thanks aaron....could I use a throttle cable from another car that is easier to find? I heard That Toyota used the same throttle cable setup in other toyotas even slightly newer ones.

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

Postby aaronlee133 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:31 pm

you could but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly which other Toyota has the same setup. if I may, you could buy a new one from Cabe Toyota. it's $90 but at least it's instant problem solved and brand new.

Sorry i re-read your initial post - what is it exactly you're trying to do since you state you found a cable. you have an sr5 one but want a gts one?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:46 pm

aaronlee133 wrote:you could but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly which other Toyota has the same setup. if I may, you could buy a new one from Cabe Toyota. it's $90 but at least it's instant problem solved and brand new.

Sorry i re-read your initial post - what is it exactly you're trying to do since you state you found a cable. you have an sr5 one but want a gts one?

yeah, i bought this car after the previous owner was in the middle of the gts conversion and then he let it sit for 5 years . Then I bought it, so I am trying to figure out what I have and do not have. The car came with a lot of spare parts and these cables were amongst them. so i will be asking a lot of questions on here in the future. i want to do a gts conversion with this sr5. engine is almost ready to drop in the car.

btw i ran across your video on youtube and subscribed. nice job on your car. inspiration for me.

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

Postby aaronlee133 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 pm

thanks brother. I have a lot of build pictures on my Instagram account: akc_lee. I don't post YouTube videos often but posted just that one for fun.

Gotcha - and I guess to answer your question I don't believe there really is a true GTS throttle cable. my car came with cruise control but I deleted it and bought the one off Cabe Toyota which might just simply be considered a non-cruise control ae86 throttle cable. that one works perfect. since an sr5 has a 4AC I'm guessing that's why the throttle cable you're showing is so short? that def wouldn't reach all the way around to a 4ag throttle body.

ask away - were here to help and good luck with the build.

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 am

Battle Garage has non-cruise throttle cables too. I used on my build and worked great!
http://shop.battlegarage-rs.com/product ... ator-cable