Reviving the 86

Rawkstar
Club4AG Regular

Re: Reviving the 86

Postby Rawkstar » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Got the new bash bar installed. Fixing a few more things on the engine like tps adjustment and injector connectors... then she should be back on the road.

ImageSpring cleaning in the winter. by Speconesociety, on Flickr

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Toy86 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:01 am

Great look 86 man, love the color! Why did u say ppl hate the T3 coils? I've been on this forum for a long time and I've never seen anyone say anything bad about them. I've been rocking my T3 coilovers for over 10years and they still preform top notch for me when I take my car to autox. Just curious.

Moto_Club4AG
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto_Club4AG » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Toy86, I think it's just prejudice for those who just want it purist Japanese... Every company takes time to mature and grow both as a firm and product too. Techno Toy Tuning has become very good in my opinion over the last two decades Club4AG has been around with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Motoring!

Moto Miwa - Founder, Club4AG

Rawkstar
Club4AG Regular

Postby Rawkstar » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:07 am

Ended up getting the car back up and running correctly with the new engine. A ground on the fuel rail was hidden, but not connected.

Was driving it up north to get a photoshoot done of my buddy's car and my wheel began to wobble. The wheel popped off due to the lug nuts giving way because they weren't tightened all the way. I haven't taken off the wheel in a year so I didn't check them. This happened in the middle lane of i5 going 60. Luckily I was able to pull it over to the side from the middle lane with out hitting anyone or thing. Lost a glowstar though.

Needless to say, the insurance company wanted to total it, but I couldn't let that happen. I canceled my claim and had it fixed myself. Went with Retro-Spec CF fenders, new slotted and drilled rotors for both sides, needed new ball joints/bearings. I had an extra vertex bumper laying around so I had that painted and put on. Ordered a new Glow Star too.

ImageDSC_1122 by Dominic Wilkerson, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1120 by Dominic Wilkerson, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1099 by Dominic Wilkerson, on Flickr

Still have more parts coming in.