Agent Joe's madness

Agent Joe
Club4AG Regular

Agent Joe's madness

Postby Agent Joe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Image Image Hey all you guys! I'm Joe Iqbal. I am an Ae86 enthusiasts. I'm trying to build my page. i figured I would start here with a build log. I am not sure how everything works around here. I am not too sure how to post stuff up here. I am practicing how to post images and stuff. I will up date this and clean it up as i figure it out. so we will start with a picture .

This was my first love. she was on the craigs list. she didn't run but it had a early jdm bumper with the trueno badge. $1400 And it was mine. I knew it was too much for a crusty SR-5. but there are not many here in Santa Barbara. i had to tow it home. so i hitched it up to the trusty tacoma and drug it home. this car had some history for sure. but it had a clean maco paint job dark gray with a little sparkle. If you know of this car. i.e. my buddy owned it. I would love to hear about it. When i got it home i found out that it had a blown head gasket . It wasn't a big deal. about $135 in gasket and fluids. i was in business. Image
These are the wheels i got with it. there some vintage Nissan Datsun rims. I saw a set on a '70's 260z
i spent a few nights polishing them then i blacked the inner areas. it looked pretty clean. Image
Then around my birth day i got a wild hair to strip the interior. I gutted it took all the interior to work and blasted all the crust off the interior
"my car is cold and has no cup holders... you drive."

Agent Joe
Club4AG Regular

Re: Agent Joe's madness

Postby Agent Joe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Then i found some supra wheels acid washed polished and then painted them just how i wanted.Image

I built this to daily. but i don't live but 3 miles from work. it was an sr5. i found a Gts rear end on the old site. the rear was built nice with a trd 2way and 4.7 gears. that woke up the car. but it was never good on the highway. it was rung out at 65 mph. this is her on one of her last days with me. I traded it for another one. then the guy blew the 4ac up he had it for only a few months. I told him to stay off the highway. now another friend bought it broken. and he is starting a carb 4ag swap for it. it should be fun. I miss it and want it back now. but that's another story.

Agent Joe
Club4AG Regular

Postby Agent Joe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 pm

this is my second one. again found on craigs list. also not running. it needed a fuel pump. i put it in and she ran.
it was a drift missile had an old club 4ag sticker. the blue one from the old forum. and an O.C.wolf pack sticker.If any one knows about this one LMK.

Agent Joe
Club4AG Regular

Postby Agent Joe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 am

Found this one a few months later. kid let it go for $850 not running. seems all of them are getting towed home. Made the wife buy this one. she is down for the corollas. Got it in the garage found blown head gasket. (I'm seeing a pattern here.) an afternoon and a case of beers and she is running strong. motor seems to have a little more power then my car. But that's fine. the wives car needs to be solid. i don't like getting texts from her saying it broke or something.

ksae86

Postby ksae86 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am

Awesome! Glad to hear more have made it back on the road.

Agent Joe
Club4AG Regular

Postby Agent Joe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:21 am

around October2012 i ordered a Frs. black it finally arrived at my dealer in May '13 2days before my birthday greatest gift i ever bought myself. I really like the car. I did the P.D.I myself. so no other yo-yo will work on my car. i know i could have picked one up sooner. but. I didn't want another guy driving it. so i waited and waited. got some ideas of what i want to do. But i am waiting to see what everyone else is doing first. there are some good stuff out there already. I just want to see what works and what don't. as of today it has 1109miles on it. still not even broke in yet. Image

took her out to a local car show. it was tough getting 3 cars there by myself.
the Frs, my wives 86, my coupe, Ryan ewings s2000 (2000with 3600miles) and my other friends black S2000, Garret Image

trigun402
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby trigun402 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm

All good looking. :D

TORPARTS
Club4AG Expert

Postby TORPARTS » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 am

Love it; keep it up
http://www.torparts.com
WORLD LEADER IN REPRODUCTION, OEM AND JDM PARTS.
US Veteran owned.....and medical recipient and food stamps...I love Obama!

Agent Joe
Club4AG Regular

Postby Agent Joe » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:20 am

Image Then i found this! it was just too cool. it had big old fender flairs a body kit and carbon hatch. Image i scrubbed off the grafitty paint off the lip. (not my style) then found the missing piece. Image the badge. Image I was sold. it had a big old crystal shift knob. (again not my sty
le) some supportive race seats. best of all a black top swap allready done. The sound is heavenly. so i traded my black coupe for it. i do miss that one but hey on to bigger better things right. I have seen this thing online. in a couple of other logs. Image Imageit was pink once "for a track day" Image