OkinawaLevin 86 - BLUE pt2

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Re: OkinawaLevin 86 - BLUE pt2

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Sorry haven't posted an update in awhile. My son was visiting for the Summer and my wife took off on me, so **** trying to show my kids a good time while dealing with bullshit drama. I will be back working on my car hardcore next week. but until then, we recently had an annual 86 meet here in Okinawa, Japan. I usually don't go to this kind of stuff, but my sons wanted to see the cars, so I went and entered my car. She loved the attention. Here are the pics

Here is a pic from the meet of some of the owners. I'm in the back right with my two sons

Here is a pic of my baby before the meet, stopped to get some ice cream and cigarettes

Early in the evening there were only a few, but more and more came. mine is in the center

Easily my favorite 86 out there this night. It was bone stock and just had a full restore down to the nuts n bolts, looked brand new. I would love to beat the **** out of this girl, hahaha

Mine with her new personalized plate 55-86 or "Go Go Hachi Roku"

My son Kaze chillin on our 86

[img]5467F0BA&__gda__=1417302798_a30d7b26368cf90d1e13feeb4c2bef73[/img]

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Old popular drift car, the Toyota Carina

Grabbin some King Tacos on the way home

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Pulled hard in first and second, at 7k threw it in third and rpm drops to 4k and holds steady. So i cruise to the closest conbini and pop the hood thinking my throttle was stuck or throttle cable was binding. Turns out my damned throttlebody exploded, haha. That is a first for me. Took a couple of minutes to get her temp fixed and i was on my way.

Now worried that she swallowed that little screw. Good excuse for a motor swap. Goin Blacktop 20v 4AG. If a track opens up, I'll swap in the turbo motor

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Cool meeting pics, man! I love that last one.
How the heck does a throttle exploded like that, haha.
irony.cc

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Thanks, yeah my son Kaze went back to the states for the school year. I miss the hell outta him. I'm stoked he got to attend the 86 meet. He and my oldest son Noah were goin nuts checking out the cars. And the cars parked around the meet. Kaze said he loves the 86's, but then he saw the 27 and flipped out. I have like 30 pictures of it cause he went trigger happy with the camera.

I've never had a throttle come apart like that. I was on my way to work and the main highway was clear. I was cruising along when this guy in a Toyota Sai flies by. At the next light we are both stopped and he revved his little hybrid motor at me, when the light turned green we took off and I hit first hard, second hard, then when I threw it into third and hit the gas the RPM's dropped to a steady 4k and after a few seconds the dude in the Sai flew by me and my speed dropped. So I shifted into fourth and cruised until I could find a place to pull in and investigate. I was thinking throttle cable, but then the RPM would have dropped to idle, then I thought maybe the cable or linkage got caught on something. The gas pedal was unresponsive and loose. So I coast into McD's and popped the hood to find the throttle linkage hanging, I was shocked, hahahaha. As far as I can guess is when I threw it into third and hit the gas it twisted the arm holding the TB buttlerfly causing it to snap. I babied her to work and home afterwards. Tomorrow I finally have a day off, so I'll try to borrow a borescope to check the cylinders for the screw. If I cannot find it I'll pull the head, check for damage, shave the head and slap a metal gasket on her and finally install my cams. OR I might just keep driving her as is and throw my super dookie built 4AG in her and call it a day. Only bad thing about that is tuning, would have to rely on my buddy to tune the SDS and set it up, cause when it comes to wiring, I'm a dunce. Either way, I'm looking forward to wrenching on her tomorrow. I will keep you updated.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:25 am

Was off yesterday and my son started back school so I had the day to myself. I've had this spare motor sittin in my garage for awhile now and have been neglecting to tear it down, so finally yesterday I did so. All I knew about this motor was it has aftermarket cams and itb's. I knew the block was toast, so I decided to strip what was salvageable.

I pulled off the itb's and noticed that the intake side had some work done. Not alot, but some. pretty good sign

The itb's off. need to clean them up a bit

Pulled the cam gear cover to find these. was pleasantly surprised

Looks as if someone de-burred her

Pretty clean

#1 is welldone.

#1 looks a little gnarly, but will clean it up and see if I can reuse her. looks as if she was decked .5mm, so I will shave her another 1mm, slap on a .5 metal gasket and enjoy

Jewelry for my baby

Suspension work gone wrong. I went to put my good bits from my track car on her, but seems I had lost some little bits n pieces. then I had a bolt snap. it was one thing after another in the 100plus degree heat, so I just put the old stuff back on and took a cold shower. I will tackle again this Monday

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Head swap

SNOOZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SNOOZ » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:52 am

Nice. What size cams did u find in your new head?

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:56 am

HKS 264/272

jeepy
Club4AG Regular

Postby jeepy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:51 pm

wow that meet tho :o

Hicomp4ag

Postby Hicomp4ag » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:39 am

@HingaSPL... Battle Brand 86 all day brother ! Lets finish the swap. word is bond :mrgreen:

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Waiting on you Brother.

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Good pics. You always have cool work going on.
irony.cc

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:59 am

RuizXIII wrote:Good pics. You always have cool work going on.

+1
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

Fltc86
Club4AG Regular

Postby Fltc86 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:19 pm

awesome pics man!

jeepy
Club4AG Regular

Postby jeepy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Wow! :o so jealous

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 am

Hahaha man I wanted to attend the last meet of the year they must of pushed it back. Will try to see my way back to Oki or Japan I need another Levin. I'm still waiting to pick mines up from the port next week.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu May 07, 2015 3:01 am

Hey All, since my son Kaze flew back to the states and I'm still dealing with my wife stealing my daughter, things have been pretty sh!tty. After not touching my car for almost a year, two weeks ago I got back in the garage and started working on her. I pulled the blacktop motor out of my BB86 and tore it down. Will do a bit of head work and maybe shave the head, along with changing out the gaskets. Pretty stoked to be gettin dirty again. I will also start on the body again, I need to cut the front fenders and get them prepped for the CBY overfenders I got for her.

Here is a Bukkake pic of my girl

I will be posting more very soon. Been spending all of my spare time with her and my brother Rose who is the wiring guru helping me out.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun May 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Not alot, but was bored and painted the valve cover while awaiting parts. cleaned it up, sanded, primed, and painted dark emerald green

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Mon May 11, 2015 8:52 am

Hinga update hype! :lol:
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri May 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Hey Bro, hisashiburi. Yeah, bout time I get her in shape. Awaiting a head gasket to arrive in the mail, so I took the AE111 throttles apart, cleaned them up and put them back together with new hardware.

Before

After

Also started applyin POR15 to the old gal. Rust is a HUGE problem over here with us being right on the ocean.

Elvin Wes
Club4AG Expert

Postby Elvin Wes » Wed May 20, 2015 12:48 am

looking good.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun May 31, 2015 4:15 am

1G reduction starter. Common upgrade to the shitty 4ag starter. Taken apart and cleaned up

POR15'ed the radiator support, bumper stays, and the drivers side frame rail. Lookin forward to pulling the motor so I can POR15 the engine bay.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun May 31, 2015 4:17 am

Elvin Wes wrote:looking good.

Thanks Bro ;)

Island_DC5
Club4AG Regular

Postby Island_DC5 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:24 am

Just read the last couple updates. Nice to hear about the rust situation coming from another hachi owner. Ill be out there next year so maybe Ill try and do as much rust prevention I can before going there. I think I can get the POR15 from Joyful, gonna go check sometime soon lol.

aceforever
Club4AG Pro

Postby aceforever » Sun May 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Nice man. I'm liking the look.

-zenki-
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby -zenki- » Sun May 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Before you now it you'll be por15'ing everything. I did my the floor pans, boot floor and a bunch of other stuff.

Did you scuff up the paint before the por15? Sometimes this stuff reacts kinda funky.
FLAWLESS VICTORY

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun May 31, 2015 6:11 pm

-zenki- wrote:Before you now it you'll be por15'ing everything. I did my the floor pans, boot floor and a bunch of other stuff.
Did you scuff up the paint before the por15? Sometimes this stuff reacts kinda funky.

Yeah, sanded the paint a bit before applying. I'm trying to cover as much as possible. I got the POR15 Velvet Black for my header. Would like to shoot the undercarriage as well. Plan on pulling the carpet soon to hit the inside firewall

Island_DC5 wrote:Just read the last couple updates. Nice to hear about the rust situation coming from another hachi owner. Ill be out there next year so maybe Ill try and do as much rust prevention I can before going there. I think I can get the POR15 from Joyful, gonna go check sometime soon lol.

Yeah, the salt air, humidity, and the rain here kills these old cars. It's a constant chore keepin up with it. I've seen cars left neglected and eventually had to be swept away. Do as much rust prevention as possible before putting her on the boat

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Been busy. Was told I'm headed to Fairbanks Alaska. Gotta do two years in the states before I can come back home. I'm looking for a house to rent with a big garage, I plan on keepin busy on her for the two years I'm there. 

2nd truckload of wheels to strip, so I can bring with me. 

Bukkake

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:03 pm

My old lady. Header developed a leak, then the alternator **** the bed on the way to work, only to start working when I got off of work, then the dash lights went out. Love how she keeps me busy. Hole in header was patched, taking spare alternator to Denso before work today and chasing down the loose plug or dead fuse on my lunch break.