OkinawaLevin 86 - BLUE pt2

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Re: OkinawaLevin 86 - BLUE pt2

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:33 pm

-zenki- wrote:Nice work. Does the glass come apart easily from the housing?

Not really, it's a pain in the ass sometimes. The first few times I did it I chipped or cracked the glass. And now with these lights discontinued at Toyota, I take it really slow when doing it now

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Looking good brotha The old parts laying around here in Oki everytime i look it's just typical haha. I'm done with everything fitting on the Beams motor just opt to go with custom harness and ECU just to find out Kaizen Garage in AUS are not very, on point with their delivery it's been over a month now waiting for it but no luck :-(. You still have the spare Beams Parts? ooo yea by the way been looking at the AUS Army Lateral Transfer hahahah

haymaker
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby haymaker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:26 am

Lights look great, I've done that to a couple sets of lights before, just not willing to risk it on mine, too rare and expensive in the u.s.

The whole car looks great actually

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:01 pm

SlothMan wrote:Looking good brotha The old parts laying around here in Oki everytime i look it's just typical haha. I'm done with everything fitting on the Beams motor just opt to go with custom harness and ECU just to find out Kaizen Garage in AUS are not very, on point with their delivery it's been over a month now waiting for it but no luck :-(. You still have the spare Beams Parts? ooo yea by the way been looking at the AUS Army Lateral Transfer hahahah

I think you got me mixed up with Skrappy who is doing the Beams swap. I will ask him about the parts, what are you looking for? Skrappy told me about your build, can't wait to see it on the road.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:07 pm

haymaker wrote:Lights look great, I've done that to a couple sets of lights before, just not willing to risk it on mine, too rare and expensive in the u.s.

The whole car looks great actually

I got the glass pulling down to a science now. I have a few spare sets I keep on hand, not sellin them. Got plans for them. I bought a pair of old BMW headlights that are the same basic shape of the Levin lights, I'd like to try and put those lights in the Levin lights housing.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Hung the rear overfenders. Here sus is still set at max height for the inspection, she will get dropped once inspection is done

GOOD NEW is I got insurance on her yesterday, so all that is left is the JCI inspection which should be done this week if I get time

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Yesterday I yanked the boro boro denki fans out and threw in the stocker fan for the JCI. Also bought a silencer for her, but she is still a bit loud. Still gotta wire up her front lights and she should be ready for the inspection.

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Ahhh I apologize don't know how to post pictures but everything is so far complete might need to get another Oil Sump as the original one we hacked and I want to do it much cleaner now I know how it should be done. I'm only stuck now as I haven't received the Wire harness and ECU from Kaizen Garage I've been waiting for, Over a month now they told me it was completed and would be mailed out.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:01 pm

SlothMan wrote:Ahhh I apologize don't know how to post pictures but everything is so far complete might need to get another Oil Sump as the original one we hacked and I want to do it much cleaner now I know how it should be done. I'm only stuck now as I haven't received the Wire harness and ECU from Kaizen Garage I've been waiting for, Over a month now they told me it was completed and would be mailed out.

Nah, no need to apologize. Skrappy is part of the Hinga family. Is this a mainland garage?

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:53 am

Hahhah that's wassup wish I could meet some more hachi folks I don't get to see many until May 6th for the 2nd Meet Crosssport is having. It was an AUS shop I was told they are very good and knowledgeable but suuuper lazy. I'm just filing for refund from paypal I'm already stuck I'm going back to good ol 4AGE again too bad I sold my nice hypersingle clutch, PDM Cams, Short shifter, and Koyo Type R 3 Core Copper radiator. Will be putting one from a guy I pulled out his he wanted to swap for HIGH COMP one here at Torii this weekend. Just going to Send all the parts I had in prep for the swap with me back. I'm furious I wanted to show it off at the Meet this coming up month but dealing with slackers man, I paid 1320$ for the ECU and Harness you would think they would take care of a customers request.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:26 pm

SlothMan wrote:Hahhah that's wassup wish I could meet some more hachi folks I don't get to see many until May 6th for the 2nd Meet Crosssport is having. It was an AUS shop I was told they are very good and knowledgeable but suuuper lazy. I'm just filing for refund from paypal I'm already stuck I'm going back to good ol 4AGE again too bad I sold my nice hypersingle clutch, PDM Cams, Short shifter, and Koyo Type R 3 Core Copper radiator. Will be putting one from a guy I pulled out his he wanted to swap for HIGH COMP one here at Torii this weekend. Just going to Send all the parts I had in prep for the swap with me back. I'm furious I wanted to show it off at the Meet this coming up month but dealing with slackers man, I paid 1320$ for the ECU and Harness you would think they would take care of a customers request.

Mine probably won't be ready until after the 6th, but it will definitely be ready for the May 6th "86 day". Sucks about the shop jackin you around. Skrappy has some really great contacts down there, have you talked to him about it? I still haven't decided on turbo or BT, I have both sittin in my garage. I took my car to Mercy Auto a couple of days ago (pic below) to get her JCI'ed. The owner saw the overfenders and shook his head. His mechanics loved my car and kept trying to convince the owner to let them do the inspection. My car was 10cm wider than specified on the title so the title would need to be to be updated(kaizo). The owner didn't want the hassle of doing an initial JCI on a 20+ year old car and didn't want to bother doing the Kaizo on her. I called up Bill at B&M and he said no problem, so hopefully within a week or two I'll be driving my girl. What's better is I'm throwing on the bigger Revolver overfenders for the kaizo now

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:07 pm

HingaSPL wrote:
SlothMan wrote:Hahhah that's wassup wish I could meet some more hachi folks I don't get to see many until May 6th for the 2nd Meet Crosssport is having. It was an AUS shop I was told they are very good and knowledgeable but suuuper lazy. I'm just filing for refund from paypal I'm already stuck I'm going back to good ol 4AGE again too bad I sold my nice hypersingle clutch, PDM Cams, Short shifter, and Koyo Type R 3 Core Copper radiator. Will be putting one from a guy I pulled out his he wanted to swap for HIGH COMP one here at Torii this weekend. Just going to Send all the parts I had in prep for the swap with me back. I'm furious I wanted to show it off at the Meet this coming up month but dealing with slackers man, I paid 1320$ for the ECU and Harness you would think they would take care of a customers request.

Mine probably won't be ready until after the 6th, but it will definitely be ready for the May 6th "86 day". Sucks about the shop jackin you around. Skrappy has some really great contacts down there, have you talked to him about it? I still haven't decided on turbo or BT, I have both sittin in my garage. I took my car to Mercy Auto a couple of days ago (pic below) to get her JCI'ed. The owner saw the overfenders and shook his head. His mechanics loved my car and kept trying to convince the owner to let them do the inspection. My car was 10cm wider than specified on the title so the title would need to be to be updated(kaizo). The owner didn't want the hassle of doing an initial JCI on a 20+ year old car and didn't want to bother doing the Kaizo on her. I called up Bill at B&M and he said no problem, so hopefully within a week or two I'll be driving my girl. What's better is I'm throwing on the bigger Revolver overfenders for the kaizo now

Yea I made a claim with paypal and 4 hours later they responded to my email stating hes been buzy, I told em If I don't receive shipping info as he just restated for 3rd time in the email I want my refund. I told em I won't be making the deadline as I ETS next month on the 15th and car needs to be up and running for trip back to 'Merica. Will see what happends I have no doubt they are good at their work just unreliable, not something I want to deal with with the timeframe Im trying to meet.

Yea Man I'm still trying to find the location because last one was at Mihama (American Village Aeon parking lot) They said it would be different location this time around. Hahahaha man your car has come looong ways I'm trying to get mines back in time before the cancer gets a hold of her anymore. Can always trust B&M to get things done hahaha. Yea I talked with him as he is headed that way also... How do you post a picture on here I'm trying to Post what mines looks like. I have a 20V BT i acquired of a purple drift coupe at this junkyard. I disassembled it and looks pristine like just built,Just the head had started to get surface rust since it probably sat for a while.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu May 01, 2014 4:25 pm

I link my pics from my Facebook account. I used to go to Image Shack to host my pictures, but they started jacking **** up. Or I host from my site TeamHinga.net

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Thu May 01, 2014 7:22 pm

I might be doing it all wrong but how did you input your facebook pictures on here? and I've started to assemble and clean out the 4AGE going back in.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Fri May 09, 2014 3:13 am

Gotta hunt down this gremlin that is keeping my tail lights, winkers, and parking lights from working

Jason mentioned all of the fuses and relays which I had already checked, but then he mentioned the FLASHER relay. I had swapped all of the harnesses in this car and thought I had put everything where it belonged, but it turns out that I had forgotten the Flasher relay. Now it all works, after swapping out the bad bulbs.

Going to B&M for JCI tomorrow, can't wait

G to G

iamalexreece
Club4AG Regular

Postby iamalexreece » Fri May 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Looks great!!! I know you are going to paint it, but the primer with black fenders actually looks pretty sweet! カッコいいですよ

:D

SlothMan
Club4AG Regular

Postby SlothMan » Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 pm

She looks amazing, I tried posting pictures from Facebook but I failed. Look at their response after I emailed them once more yesterday "OK, I'm sorry you no longer have use for it at this time. It was due to leave in the morning. I will organise some paypal funds and send a refund next week." Sounds like run around and might be a possibility they spent the money and are going to have a hard time giving me a refund.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat May 10, 2014 3:07 pm

iamalexreece wrote:Looks great!!! I know you are going to paint it, but the primer with black fenders actually looks pretty sweet! カッコいいですよ
:D

Thank you!! Yeah, doesn't look bad, but I prefer a darker bluish grey. Still debating.

SlothMan wrote:She looks amazing, I tried posting pictures from Facebook but I failed. Look at their response after I emailed them once more yesterday "OK, I'm sorry you no longer have use for it at this time. It was due to leave in the morning. I will organise some paypal funds and send a refund next week." Sounds like run around and might be a possibility they spent the money and are going to have a hard time giving me a refund.

Yeah, they are trying to give you the guilt trip, haha. Screw them. Get with Skrappy and see how he did it.

On her way to jci. Front fenders will be cut after the inspection. will eventually swap to CBY flares. These just mount to high up on the fender for my liking.

After JCI, I can finally lower her

I sense a Nardi Deep Corn in her near future.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat May 24, 2014 5:08 am

Can't decide whether I wanna go 20v or turbo. Already have my old turbo motor rebuilt and on standby, but also have two Blacktop 20v's, I honestly think the 20v would be more enjoyable

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Mon May 26, 2014 2:55 am

Just pulled the trigger on these. will be here in five days

http://www.croooober.com/item/2311716?_ ... 1401056036

haymaker
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby haymaker » Mon May 26, 2014 8:15 am

can't wait to see it low.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:16 pm

haymaker wrote:can't wait to see it low.

Me too, now gotta weld up the holes from the Revolver overfenders, because I got me some CBY goodness.

sandblasted and painted(Panzer Grey) my roll cage

Also sandblasted all of the suspension arms. Can't wait to drop her and drive her

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:39 pm

She has been in JCI for about a month and half, miss her. BUT was told she will definately be ready for pick up this Monday. My garage has been so lonely without her to work on, so I've been sandblasting parts and gathering parts for her. Can't wait to put some fun parts on her.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:51 am

Picked her up from B&M the day before yesterday. I had a new bumper on my car so Bill put the plate in the window so I could mount it where I wanted later. As I went through the Kadena gate, the local gate guard takes my ID card and walks around my car and then says "Your car irregal", I say "I just picked it up from the body shop, I will mount the plate as soon as I get home. The anusface once again barks "Your car irregal!" to which I reply "I just told you that I picked my car up 10 minutes ago and that I will mount my plate as soon as I get home. The asshole then says "DO YOU HAVE SCREW?" to which I reply "Are you fucking stupid? or just an asshole?" I said this loud enough to where one of the American gate guards walks over and says "what's up?". The local gate guard who is pissed now yells "I'm giving him a ticket, HIS CAR IRREGAL!!!". The American guard asks me what the deal was and I politely say "I just picked up my car from the bodyshop and I will mount my plate on my bumper as soon as I get home", he replies "Alright, it's cool" and waves me on. I smile at the anusface as I drive off. Thing is, I've seen hundreds of cars go through the gate with plates in their windshields and don't get bugged. This local gate guard (Teruya) was a fuckin jerk off.

Well, here are a few pics.
Right after we picked her up

My boy Kaze has been waiting to ride in her for a year. I built this car for him and I

Friggin raining cats n dogs. Can't work on her, rain sucks ass

Last night the rain took a break, so we mounted the plate. started mounting the skirts, but I broke three bits on my rivet gun and then it started raining

Tonight the rain was just a drizzle, so we mocked up the front CBY overfenders to see what they look like. Looks beautiful, mounts about 4 inches lower than the Revolver flares. Also brought the rear sus down a little. Will have to jack it up in a couple of days to pick up the personal tag

My co-pilot and 11yo son Kaze wrenchin with his pops. He is visiting me for the Summer, I missed the **** outta him

Too late to fire up the air compressor. Sorry Buddy

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 am

Dropped the tank lookin for the fuel leak, only to find the leak right above the lateral bar. The leak was on the hard line so I tried slippin a hose around it and clamping it, which made it leak more. Finally slowed it down, but then another spot sprung a leak. So we went to the tool shop and I bought a small tube cutter, more clamps, and rubber fuel line. Now she is ship shape. Bout to head out for a cruise with my rug rats

Not lowering the front till after we get the new tags

Stuck behind slow naicha tourists

Goodline hood back on

My mechanic and co-pilot

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Nice, Boss. I dig how this is looking. It looks tough!
It's cool you are spending good quality time with your son working on the car.
His hair is pretty sick! I wish I had hair that cool when I was his age haha
irony.cc

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks, yeah feels good to drive a paper legal 86 again. Still waiting on my personal plate. It will be 55-86 or "go-go-hachi-roku!". My boy Kaze is visiting for the Summer. He is DEFINATELY puttin time into fixin the 86 with me, I'm so proud and feel so fortunate to have him for my son. I'm letting him choose the color. When I picked him up from the airport he had a huge head of hair. When we got home he says "Dad, gimme a haircut" so I gave him his mohawk. We drove all day yesterday and when we got home I was a bit tired, but Kaze runs up to me and says "Let's go drive some more", I told him, "Let's swap her hood and install her test pipe" which he was happy to help me with. When he leaves after Summer is over, I will be a broken man again until next Summer.

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Took my sons out skateboarding last night and cruised

haymaker
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby haymaker » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:59 pm

screaming hand socks are rad

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Back in the day when I skated, I mainly skated Santa Cruz boards(Roskopp). When my boy Kaze got into skating he also liked their boards, but eventually became a hardcore Mike Vallely fan. Now he skates Vallely's Elephant boards and wears Santa Cruz clothes, hahaha. I love his old school style, matches our car. I always got my old Vision Ken Park mini in the trunk.

Might be throwing on the overfenders this week. I might be selling my rear Origin overfenders soon(pictured)
My older son Noah is finally coming around. Always said he wasn't into cars, then about two years ago he said he only liked American mucle cars, now he is wanting an 86. I took this pic yesterday while my younger son was skateboarding at Foster skatepark. He helped me install the cd player. Good to have another carguy in the family.