laines blacktop project

laine20vbt

laines blacktop project

Postby laine20vbt » Sun May 19, 2013 2:00 am

hi guys,
i have a 1999 sprinter 6 speed with a stock blacktop at the moment,
i need some help on a few things as i understand motors am a confident diy-er but no genius.
ultimately i would love a nice mild turbo setup around 250-260 fwhp plus,was thinking a little te28 or something similar but dont know if im right in thinking this?
will i need forged or semi forged internals ie;pistons and conrods?

but first things first i have a black top with map sensor and an air flow meter??? do i need both because i want to remove intake plenum and replace with individual trumpets and obviously afm is inline to pod filter,
yesterday i removed the plug from the air flow meter and was running fine,am i doing damage in doing this?
will my stock ecu be able to do this?

and will it be beneficial to install a megasquirt computer or similar and tune the n/a motor while im saving up and purchasing parts (con rods,pistons,turbo,turbo manifold,ecu.) any thing else i may need or forgotten?
will i need to upgrade my valves, springs, ect,
what benefit would better cams produce?, toda make between 264 and 314 degree,what degree is the standard cams?

also one last thing will i need to lower my compression when i do turbo it? if so what is the easiest and cheepest way to do so?

cheers, any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.