the future of my sr5

subarujew

the future of my sr5

Postby subarujew » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:30 am

Hi guys. I recently picked up an automatic sr5 for 900 bucks and a handy (long story). IT'S AUTOMATIC you say, but wait let me explain. My friend and I own a shop and he's got two gts's. In fact if I hadn't thrown a rod in my STi and been driving one of those around for a couple weeks, I probably wouldn't have bought one for myself. Until then I could never figure out why my friend was so into these little shitboxes that break drive line parts and twist frames from putting out more than 200hp. Anyway, back to the subject of my good ol automatico. One of my friend's two 86s has a silver top swap. As things go, he has since decided to build a modified class time attack car out of that one, so I get to inherit a 20v, t50, and gts rear end with any parts I need to do the swap for a stupid awesome price. Now here is where my dilemma starts. My sr5, being an automatic is completely virgin and unmolested. I simply can't decide how far I want to go with it because it is my daily driver and has everything from the plastic under tray, stock radio and tape deck, to WORKING A/C still running on r12! I really don't want to gut it but I totally do... anyway we shall see where this ends up. Only time will tell.

Without further ado, here she is

subarujew

Re: the future of my sr5

Postby subarujew » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am

Here are my other two cars if anyone is interested

mrbiggsae86
Club4AG Regular

Re: the future of my sr5

Postby mrbiggsae86 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 pm

I feel the same way with my project sr5. I have a gze that I want to put in eventually but right now i'm sorting on making the suspension and driveline reliable. (stupid proportioning valve) I have a gts rear ready to go in with coils and pretty much a replacement for every suspension component, and gts rear/disc and lsd rebuild. eventually I want to slap that gze in, spot weld, cage, over fender, but it feels so wrong molesting a pretty clean shell ( a little fender damage but no rust )

It's a tough balance, especially with the DD thing. Thankfully I should have a daily truck so once that happens, track only!

Good luck with your project,

Adam