20v RWD 4age Build

gt4_vinnie

20v RWD 4age Build

Postby gt4_vinnie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 am

Hey guys, new to the forum, but certainly not to Toyota's.

Unfortunately, I don't have an AE86 yet, but planning on getting one soon, after I finish my ST165 gt4 Celica, but got offered an engine, and now have some ideas in which I would love some help in deciding what and how to do.

Right, so i recently just picked up a 4A-GE 20v Silvertop engine and box out of an AE101 Levin, for a steal.
170,000kms on the clock, complete engine, afm, ecu, cut loom, 5 speed manual gearbox and a few other accessories.

My plan is to flick all the sh*t I don't need off, including the box, P/S pump and A/C system, and build the 20v to RWD.

So far I know some of what I need to do, RWD Spigot bearing, clutch, flywheel, T50, RWD Alternator bracket, engine mounts etc.
Gonna get one of the water kits from SQ engineering, to sort that out. All I really need now is to figure out how to run the air intake, and work my coils / ignition out.

Whats the best suggestions for the intake, while running factory ecu, as not looking at aftermarket ECU yet, so I know I'll have to use the AFM.

Using a set of duel wasted spark coils from a 4A-GZE setup, how hard would it be, to remove dizzy cap, cover CAS, and run the CAS into the duel coil packs instead of one? Or is there an easier, more cost effective way to do this.

So that's the conversion of the engine pretty well sorted, until I find a vehicle and have to mate it all up, but I'll get to that when I can. My next question is regarding fitting a supercharger to the RWD 20 4A-GE.

Will the internals of the 20v handle the capabilities of a supercharger, just gonna be for street application, so not sever boost, just a little more go when I need it. Also what would be the best way to mount/use the supercharger, and what would be involved with fitting one up. I'm thinking the SC-12 or SC-14, but you guys can offer me a better idea if you got one, I'm open to feedback. I don't really wanna run a turbo, as my 3S-GTE is gonna be the turbo'ed powerhouse, so definitely wanting to keep the 4A-GE N/A or Supercharged.

What would you guys have in mind, and are there any other complications I'm going to run into along the way?

Thanks in advanced.
Vinnie