Hwy to the Danger Zone

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Hwy to the Danger Zone

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KBZCDMIKOk

alright guys, I have been meaning to make one of these since ClubFR switched over, just never really had ambition and if I don't do this quick I probably would't. I get back to this after class, but for now I'll let you sit here with anticipation

So from here on out guys, welcome to the DANGER ZONE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 3-zaTr6OUo

Alrighty, well my dad owns a shop and I have been into cars for as long as I can remember. I was in to muscle cars especially 1969 Ponticac GTO Judge...Orbit Orange of course. I can't remember when or how but I got in to eclipses for some reason, I think a lot of it had to do with F&F, I wanted a 2nd gen, but some how a first gen landed in my lap, GS 4g63, manual, all the cool race car **** a 16 yr. old needs. Got smoked by an old lady in a Subaru Outback on our strip we cruise on, car never ran right, all around not an enjoyable car. I sold it and a 83 Regal fell into my lap, grandma car, under the radar, good high school car, had it for 3 months. I can't remember how or why, maybe it was my inner filipino, but I started getting like really in to old school Toyotas, especially the AE86 chassis, discovered Initial D and my quest for an AE86 began. Found an SR5 coupe on Clist for $300, it was rusty as hell and looked like a bag of ****. My dad was with me and he just couldn't understand why I had such a chubby for this turd sitting in front of me, I convinced him that I would die without this car and he said fine, so I pai9d the old guy who had it $275 and I was on my way to become Takumi Fujiwara. It looked like the guy painted it white with Home Depot paint and a cheap brush but it was white nonetheless. I taped it off and it soon became a panda Trueno with the stripe about 4" too high, but I didn't give two shits, I was on MT. Akina man! I also couldn't get over this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2IWxqvsSY8

DUKE OUT!

I drove it hard, hard parked it, fanboyd the **** out of it, it was basically just a stock pile of **** that I thought was the coolest thing on earth. I tried learning how to slide with it, I could do some corners, but I was thinking I was Takumi the entire time, my want was there but the skills just were not there, I wen't into Overdrift a lot, and by overdrift I mean I spun out a lot, some times in front of people, never damaged anything or got busted for that stupid ****, I don't know why. I had the car for a while but I( realized that the damn thing was just too far gone to build. I threw it up on craigs list and traded it for a '93 EG 4 whore with a B7, I was a HONDA4LYFE guy the rest of high school. I was poor a lot so I never had a bunch of cool **** on my car, everything was 2nd hand from c list or friends. Dumped on ebay coils, DA wheels, 10" MTX sub, hacked up AEM intake and removed a/c. I was a straight up G, car started acting up so I sold it for $1750, bought an EJ8 the next day and then I started to get into driving. I bought H&R springs, D/C header, ebay intake, LS Meshies with RT615's on them, I was an autocrosser and I was just way cooler than all those street racer guys. I usually placed 3rd or 4th in H prepared, which I figured was pretty damn good seeing as how everyone else had waaaaaaaaayy more money stuck in their car.
I'll fast forward a bit. I Honda Fagged it out for a while and then High school was over, went off to College and came back and then an Old Guy cut me off in my beloved Civic. I bought it back added **** I always wanted but it wasn't the same car anymore.
I started to have an urge for something different, I wanted a Corolla again. Asked around, found out an acquaintance from a while back had one for sale.
went there with $500 in hand drove away with a rusty as **** '84 SR5, needed a harmonic balancer but she drove back to the shop w/ out over heating. Still had the civic and drove it around, worked on the SR5 on the side, filler foamed all the holes in the body, rear strut mounts were shot, so I fabbed up a bar a new mounts, there were still holes in the wheel wells so I took some McDonalds bags, some filler foam, and some rubberizer spray and went to town. Car wqas full of win. I cut the rear springs and threw on some ebay civic coil overs that I then also cut the springs on so it would drop more(spring rates must've been in the thousands) car handled like a bag of ****, but it was a dumped ae86. I added MK1 golf fender flares to hide the rust and some AE92 side skirts and she was pretty good looking. was flat black with Shoop Da Whoop on the hood

then I decided to become a bawws so I went purple (now I have pics)

guess I dont have many pics of it....

The entire time I owned my purple panda I was inspired by a dude on Club4ag.... a Canadian, his name was DoBoy

dude worked hard and played hard and I though his **** was baller, exactly how bad ass I wanted my corolla to be, that one never touched DoBoys level of Unicorn godliness

til later

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Hwy to the Danger Zone

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 am

Winter soon came and I was stuck in Dinosaur time, I was good, then I kept getting better and better and better, 4th gear w/ 60hp going god knows how fast manjiing everywhere. There was an undeveloped housing development that had the streets and lights but no houses, we used to spend hours there. I was feeling pretty bawwss and I thought I was pretty legit, I still am a bawwws in low traction conditions, I basically have a Bugatti Veyron all said and done. But spring came and the super fun stuff went away and I began my new training in the wet, basically you just go harder and everything happens faster, got close to my level in the snow and started doing dry pavement shenanigans.... open diff, 60hp, no clutch. EVERYTHING was UEO style at that point, car handled like a bag of **** and basically was something that you had to really really try to get to slide but I did it anyways and got decent with it. I was at a point where the car just couldn't keep up with my skills and it was time to move on. (oh yeah, the entire time I owned the thing when you would shut it off it would diesel...fun for a while but got annoying).... So car went up for sale or trade. Kid had a Del Sol VTEC and we traded. Rocked it for a while and sold it for 2k, not bad for a $275 investment. Bought a DA Integra for a grand and traded it for a non running civic with a B18 swap. I fixed it and sold it for $2500. It was summer time and I wanted a bike so I picked up an 02 F4i and had my fun with that.I sold the Bike for $2750 and went looking for a GTS corolla. I searched for a long time and was all set up to go to Arizona to buy a molested coupe for $1500 but the dude backed out on me. My buddy found an 85 GTS in the Twin Cities for $800. It was flat black, trans was janky, and it didn't have any rear brakes. It was a Florida car and 100% bone stock. I bought the thing, and the first thing I did was throw on my Wed Sports Image

I guess before I even bought the car I went down to Elgin and bought a bunch of AE86 goodies from some dude w/ a Red sparkly Vinyl Kouki Coupe. Panhard rod, seat, wheel w/ quick release, TRD header, Buddy Club Spec II exhaust etc., figured I was off to a good start.

Anywho, I proceeded to gut the living **** out of the car and throw in my new goodies and cut the springs...

Oh yeah, while this is all going on flash back to 2 months before I buy it, I hear people talking about drift events in Columbus, a bunch of my friends I was sliding with when I had the SR5 were going to them. I went and just was so pissed that I didn't have a car to slide. The events turned into a club called the 151 Speedway Drifters. It was headed by a guy named Bryon Dopkins and I thought he was a cool dude, been at the track for years and knew his ****. I started getting involved with the club even though I didn't have a car to slide but that didn't matter to me because I was helping start something that I care about.

Jump back to me throwing everything in the car, I street it a couple nights and the next 151 event comes up and I am ready to go, I am nervous, but I just keep telling myself that I am going to slide the corner my first try. I went out there and did it, it was a cake walk, LSD locked up great, engine ran like **** but still ran, and I was drifting. Most of the guys that started out there weren't even on that level and I was 2-3 months behind them. I just felt awesome and nothing bring me down. I kept going out there and eventually was able to connect the whole track, clutch was junk by then and LSD locked up when it wanted to but I just kept going hard and it was taking it. Winter comes soon and I garage it til the spring, I trade an 01 Ford Focus for an 85 Celica because I had the itch. Slide it everywhere, life is good. I was delivering Chinese food over the winter and bought fun things for the car like a manual rack, outer tie rods, cressida lip, and some 13x8 -12 bassets. First JDMC meet of the year comes around and I want to get my car looking nice, so the day before the meet I start sanding my car down at 3pm and I finally get to spray paint on by 10pm. I sprayed it in the dark and it still came out pretty damn good. Went to the meet and got a ton of compliments.

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:55 am

151 Speedway events start going on again and I keep progressing til the car just can't keep up with me anymore. I pick up a red top and swap it in and did my manual rack conversion as well. I had to hurry with getting everything done and I didn't center the rack so I go out to the track anyways because I just couldn't wait to drift. I take my normal lines and get in really deep and on my transition to go the other way I turn my wheel. Full lock going that way was like 10 degrees. I plow into the wall and that ends my day. Take the car back to the shop sulk a bit, like I said, the car was stock and unmolested before I got it. It had some rust but it was millions of times better than my previous corollas. I say **** it and take a chain to the core support and go to town in Reverse, did wonders, hood closes and other such ****, life is good, still nothing lines up right but I just say drift car.

I get tired of it being just black and I felt heartbroken that I would do that to my baby, so I did this

Some people liked it, others called me a fag, I just said getonmylevel.

I centered the rack, got a radiator and went out to the next drift day

The red top screamed, it was only 15hp more but the car was so much more alive. The car didn't feel like it was losing much speed in the turns and I was just getting better and better and changing my lines and really learning how to be more than a one trick pony. Season goes good until the last Drift day I felt like the car was losing power til I finally lost all the power and it started smoking like a sonofabitch. Burned up a piston and the car sat for a while.

Over the winter the 151 drifters start to want more than what we have. I decided that the name was :ghey: so I came up with Slide Society. I threw things around like Wisconsin Drift Union, but it was too close to MDU, Idk how I came up w/ Slide Society, but it was cool, we voted, and had a new Identity.
Bryon Dopkins turns into a prick for some reason and burns me on a corolla I sold him, all around just I giant piece of ****, **** that guy. I take over as the leader of Slide Society along with Drew Braam and it's history from there.

Last year we have our first season of drifting as Slide Society and we meet a bunch of awesome people. Mike Hahnen and his friends, Kris Hackenson and Juan Marquez come out and show us what real drifting is and I just get even more excited about what we have started. I start to meet more and more of you guys and basically the only friends I chill with anymore are guys I slide with, the best friends and people come from drifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qVLMXyKKug

Fast forward to this year. This year was the biggest year of drifting for me. Slide Society events had awesome numbers of people showing up, people from all over come to them now.
I had been holding off sliding at USAIR because it was $150 per day and I am used to spending $20 bucks to slide a car. No Star Bash comes up and it was $200 for both days, I figured it was reasonable and I finally get out there.

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am

Oh yeah, quick story from over the winter. I was talking to this Longrain dude on Club4ag, he made me feel like a newb and contradicted everything I said on there. My buddy goes to buy parts from him and I tag along, met the dude, sonofabitch, talked with this guy for hours about drifting and corollas and life. Ryan was an awesome dude and Longrain was no longer that asshole dude from club4ag, he became my friend from Club4ag. Ryan man, you're the **** and when you get your rolla done man the next level of fun will begin.

Anywho, I am at NSB, chill with Ryan and meet a lot of you guys from ClubFR, **** was awesome. I get out on the skid pad and for some reason Edgar makes me go out twice. I move to the intermediate course and just say to myself that I am going to go out there, not spin out, not look like a bitch and just own it. I did just that, not anywhere near to as fluid as I am now, but I did pretty good and I felt pretty good about my driving level. I had a corolla on cut springs with a blown LSD, exhaust and an intake and I was killing it out there on my first day of ever going out on that track. The learning curve was retarded, I just kept getting better and better as the day progressed and was feeling awesome, day 2 comes up, I go to the advanced course and on my 2nd run there my steering wheel hub adapter strips out and my day is shot. I go out and spectate and start watching everyone else as depressed as I was. I walked my fat ass over to the advanced course and watched Ilia, Fisher, Omar, AJ, Fred, Simba, and everyone else just destroy out there. It was awesome and I was soaking up every bit of it. When NSB was over I felt like a new kind of person, really felt like I knew where I stand compared to other people with my drifting and I can honestly say I am very happy.

I keep going to USAIR events and have fun and just keep getting better at the track, I am NEVER going to miss another USAIR track day.

Drift day 41 comes around and I am excited as hell, forecast said it would rain but I didn't care. Theres a spot on the advanced course right along the bleachers where you really need power to not manji it, in the dry I can't not manji it. In the wet it was fun as hell. I kept finding my line and towards the end I even hit 3rd gear for about 10 ft., I felt so accomplished, that day was awesome. In the beginning of the day I was doing good but I felt like I was capable of going faster, I felt comfy enough on the course to tandem and join trains so I asked and I figured I would get rejected but everyone was more than happy to let me in. I followed and kept getting faster and faster and more consistent, they even let me lead some. If you guys are reading this, you really have no idea how much it means to me to allow me to be included in those with you guys, thank you.

I pushed a 350z out of the way that day

I also do the burnout pits at automotion every year, thought this pic was cool

oh yeah, for DDay 41 I FINALLY had a new clutch, alignment, and a spool. feelsgoodman

that' basically it, there's a lot more but it's not important, what matters now is the future and there is just soooo much awesome that will happen.

future plans are SR20, Cage, full suspension, basically everything to meet MDU requirements, I'm going to just keep reaching.

for now though, there is still Drift Day 42 to look forward to and a couple of other Slide Society events, I am hoping to see everyone soon.

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 am

only pic from over the weekend. Borrowed the front wheels

Finally got pics from my phone.

Here's the Picture book version of my journey

Started out life with this slab

then this

^^^ohhh yeah, that is definitely bed liner on the roof, top got fucked and turned into a parachute which decided to leave the building on the interstate.....best car surfing car ever!

$275 corolla, first love

then I turned into Takumi

turned into this

^^^^started my Honda shenanigans.... eh

went to this

old guy cut me off

turned into this

sold it, it changed a few hands and my cousin ended up with it and he turned it into this

Beginning of the end of my Honda Love

Meanwhile I picked up a fun project and it was all downhill from there

filler foam and bondo, cut springs in the rear and cut honda civic coilovers up front

^^^got wheels and refinished them

boso experimentation

side skirts and fender flairs also made a front lip out of conveyor belt

while I was at it we made a conveyor belt body kit for a 240

^^^shoop da whoop on the hood

Turned it into a purple panda

got awesome at sliding and decided it was time for an upgrade so it was time to start making trades

this

for this

sold that for 2k bought a da and traded it for this

sold for $2500 and got this

rode for a long time and finally picked this up

$780

bought shiny things for it

stock suspension

cut springs, same set up to this day

winter came so I got this

spring came and I got more drift spares

then I got these sexy pieces of Wisconsin steel

^^^^note the SR5....forgot to add that I picked up a few parts cars along the way

I then did this

got a new toy, sold it after the riding season was over

forgot these pics

that sums it up for my car. still much more to come after this season is over

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 am

here are some pics that didn't make the cut

pretty boy swag

my buddy Skunk, Owner of Skunk Speed. creative dude

going to ter da club up

^^^car I got my parts from

^^^ I roll fenders BTW

^^^no cutting, stock body 240 hatch....rear 1/4 buckled. I stopped way before then, my buddy said, keep going, lets see what this bad boy can do!!!!!! lol he wanted to fit 315's in the rear....VQ swap

I make these

into these

my mehicano friend and his hood ride

#COMEATMEBRO

END....i mean, IMA FIRIN' MY LAZAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 am

Hi guys, I'm HERPAIDS, changed the name on her because after the reboot I couldn't log in.

If the thread so far seems like it's old news, it's because it is.....

Here is a recent update as of today

I just got Stance GR+'s, I've been waiting for coilovers for 3 years and I finally have them. I cannot express how awesome my friends are and how super duper Touge Factory is!

Plans now are to finally rebuild the small port, maybe a little 50 shot so I can keep up w/ Longrain at the track

Sold the 13" bassetts, (IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT FITMENT, I GOTCHU) Switching to 14x8 w/ 3" backspacing, yes it translates to about -38 offset

Hopefully some aero and the rest of my suspension goodies, that should sum it up for the season

Can't wait for the summer

here's a vid of the last Slide Society Drift day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weQSw5Ovp0M

dano

Postby dano » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 am

Reuterskiold wrote:Image

I don't know why but I like this, you should do something similar again(I actually thought they were eyes but upon further inspection I now know thier broken hearts!) Keep on drifting!

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 am

I did that out of boredom and have gotten so many mixed responses from it, some people thought I was a power bottom and some said it was bad ass. Idk how I feel about it, we'll see after I paint the car and get everything I want for it, maybe I'll make a better design, or have vinyls cut because it's easily reverseable

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:47 pm

sup bro.

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm

hey buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

eightsixgts
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby eightsixgts » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Surprised I haven't seen you around, I'm in the Columbus, OH area. They've been holding bi-weekly practice events at the Columbus Motor Speedway that are a pretty good time.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:09 pm

you've got the wrong columbus. Columbus speedway is in Madison, WI.

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Actually I just set up this years schedule so if you're ever in the area hmu

NikNes
Club4AG Regular

Postby NikNes » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm

This is cray

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 pm

sure hope it is.

NOTICED YOU'RE FROM MILWAUKEE!!!!

we should meet up some time

HERPAIDS

Postby HERPAIDS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey guys, since fb is phasing out its time to be more active on here. Just signed up to this tapatalk thing and wad able to sign into my OG account. I AM THE OP OF THIS THE AD and will take it over from here.

My car has come a long way since my last post.
I rebuilt my smallport I blew up a few seasons ago, car has never felt better.
Running 14x8 -36 wheels now and have aero
Hmmmmmm. Coilovers are on?

Not sure where I left this off at, but anyways I just ordered some new goodies. More to come, glad to be back

HERPAIDS

Postby HERPAIDS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

The way she currently sits