My 85 Corolla GT-S build / F22c swap thread

mtmetzger
Club4AG Regular

Re: My 85 Corolla GT-S build / F22c swap thread

Postby mtmetzger » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Working on the wiring. You can see the S2000 climate control unit is in for more mock-up. Not bolted in in this picture.

Working on the wiring to the rear - tail lights, fuel pump, fuel sending unit, door pins, etc

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_VfMH-O4mg

I had a little issue with the fuel injectors being clogged up / locked up after sitting for 3 years. I pulled them out, pulsed them with 12 volts a few times and they started opening again. Then I attached a tube to my air hose, filled it with seafoam, attached it to an injector and put about 40 PSI of air pressure behind it. Then pulsed them to force the seafoam through each one. After that it fired right up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrxlFUP71Xc

Next step was making the drive shaft. I wanted to try to make it myself. If I can't get it to balance, I'll see what drive shaft shop can whip up for me.

Cut the S2000 shaft. For some reason it has rolled up cardboard in it.

Cut the Corolla shaft and put them together

Welded and painted.

Next update will be exhaust and hopefully the first test drive!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

mtmetzger
Club4AG Regular

Postby mtmetzger » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:32 am

After the drive shaft was done, I started integrating the Corolla lights to the S2000 wiring harness. It was pretty simple. Run the wires to the lights, solder the corolla connectors and plug them in. Everything works like it is supposed to. I included the circuit for the headlight retractor motors so they flip up when the lights come on and back down when off. Just like factory but with the Honda controls. I even retained the "winter mode" so you can keep the lights up if you want.
One of my buddies lending a hand:

All wiring is neatly tucked under the fender now:

Fenders back on:

Next it was time to start on the exhaust. I didn't get many pictures of the process because I was by myself. I'll try to add a few more later. I did mount the factory S2000 catalytic converter and it fit perfectly. Then made the rest with 2.5" piping and a muffler I had laying around. It had a really nice deep tone and screams in the higher RPMs. I still need to make a tail pipe for it from stainless.

The car sat on jack stands for 3 years. This is the last picture of the car on stands.

The final wiring I had to do was the windshield wiper motor. It took a little bit and a couple relays to reverse polarity but I got the Honda controls operating the corolla motor like it should High, Low and intermittent. :)

Last edited by mtmetzger on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

mtmetzger
Club4AG Regular

Postby mtmetzger » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:43 am

I've been driving the car for the past 5 months or so. It runs great! Like driving a go-cart on the street. The rear end ratio is the same as an S2000 but the tires a much smaller so the gears are really short and close together. It turns about 4K RPMS @ 70 MPH. Not too bad.

I still need to do something with the dash. I have the original GT-S dash that I may use. Here's how it sits now:

businessinuse
Club4AG Regular

Postby businessinuse » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Looks the same. "czeromedia"

https://youtu.be/4pGXdV89ZjY

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Return to “OWNERS and BUILDERS”