A broke college kid, and his broken rolla...

EvoSolley
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: A broke college kid, and his broken rolla...

Postby EvoSolley » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

Been slacking with the updates here. If you all have been following this build, I am sure you will not find it surprising. If anyone has not seen already, I have posted 2 newer videos for this build. The first video covers more bodywork content, where I prep the doors and trunk lid for a couple layers of epoxy primer and high build primer. Sanding sucks, but there is a technique to the madness. With those panels finished, the hood is the only panel remaining!

Video two covers repairing and restoring AE86 tail lights. Originally, I was going for a smoked look, but ended up with a different result, which I think actually turned out better than my original vision. Restoring faded and scratched up tail lights is an easy process, it just takes time and patience. Anyone can do what I am doing, so do not get scared taking sand paper to those tails! I also show a cheap way to repair actual chips and cracks in the lenses. It only costs a couple bucks and if done right, can look pretty much identical to the original lens.

To all that have subscribed to the channel so far, thank you very much! The channel just rolled over 500 subs and is gaining a bit of traction, which is super exciting. I really hope these videos offer something to you all, and help with the many problems us AE86 owners run into, working with these old rusty money pits hahaha. In the videos I try to do things right, even though I am learning too as I go. So if anyone has any suggestions, constructive criticism, or comments in general on the videos or project, please do not hesitate to contact me or leave a comment. Thanks again, the build is inching toward the finish line! (bodywork wise hahah)

EvoSolley
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby EvoSolley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:24 am

The Hood is finally in high build. Now all of the panels are ready to be re mounted and the block sanding part can start! In this vid I remove vinyl wrap from the hood, strip the paint, fix some problem dents, sand smooth, coat in epoxy primer, and finally finish up with a couple coats of high build. The ae86 is starting to look like a car again hahaha.

EvoSolley
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby EvoSolley » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 am

Well, it has been a while since my last update. All the panels are now seam sealed, but I still have to do some joints on the body of the car. I have a list of things I have to get done before its time to paint, hopefully I can get them all done pretty quickly. Oh yeah and I got a new job! hope you all enjoy the videos!

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 pm

WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

scalpel
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby scalpel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghf6BEQLmqc

he updated his yt about a week ago

Update here too :)

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:25 am

scalpel wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghf6BEQLmqc

he updated his yt about a week ago

Update here too :)

Damn! I need to pay more attention to YouTube Lol.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

scalpel
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby scalpel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:27 am

He also did just win a tshirt from notnilc20 so he has no excuses now haha